1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. One million bits.
11. Make a plat of.
15. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
16. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
17. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
18. An ancient Greek city famous for military prowess.
20. (Greek mythology) Fire-breathing she-monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail.
22. A populous province in northeastern China.
23. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
25. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
26. Black tropical American cuckoo.
28. A large and stately mansion.
30. Positioned so as to be ready for confrontation or danger.
33. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
34. Lacking funds.
38. (Greek mythology) A river in Hades.
41. Belonging to some prior time.
42. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
46. (prefix) Coming before or being preliminary or preparatory.
47. A gate or bar across a toll bridge or toll road which is lifted when the toll is paid.
50. An ancient branch of the Semitic languages.
53. The capital and largest city of Sri Lanka.
54. Emotional or moral sensitivity (especially in relation to personal principles or dignity).
55. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
56. The excrement of sea birds.
58. In bed.
60. Late-occurring (especially with reference to symptoms of a disease).
64. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
69. A worthless lazy fellow.
70. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
74. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
75. Peace of mind.
77. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
78. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
79. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
80. An affirmative.
1. A vigorous blow.
2. A tube with a small bowl at one end.
3. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
4. A theatrical performance held during the daytime (especially in the afternoon).
5. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
6. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
7. A public promotion of some product or service.
8. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
9. Draw in by breathing.
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
11. An innocuous or inert medication.
12. The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged.
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. Any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping.
19. The limits within which something can be effective.
21. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
24. The month following March and preceding May.
27. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
29. An associate degree in applied science.
31. Revise or reorganize, esp. for the purpose of updating and improving.
32. An island consisting of a circular coral reef surrounding a lagoon.
35. Remove the pins from.
36. Lean end of the neck.
37. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
39. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
40. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
43. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
44. English philologist (1835-1912).
45. 100 halers equal 1 koruna.
48. The branch of philosophy that analyzes inference.
49. A bachelor's degree in music.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Deprive of by deceit.
57. The total output of a writer or artist (or a substantial part of it).
59. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
61. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri.
62. A light semitransparent fabric.
63. Razor clams.
65. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
66. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
67. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
68. Located in or toward the back or rear.
71. An enclosed space.
72. Being one more than sixty.
73. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
76. A state in midwestern United States.