1. A light touch or stroke.
4. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
12. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
15. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
16. Relating to or having the nature of illation or inference.
17. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
18. Absence of light or illumination.
20. Ill-mannered and coarse and contemptible in behavior or appearance.
22. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
23. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. Writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally (for pay).
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. A thick fatty oil (especially one used to lubricate machinery).
29. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
32. (law) Lacking any legal or binding force.
33. Set down according to a plan.
37. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
40. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
41. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
42. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
43. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
46. Rate of revolution of a motor.
47. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
50. The decade from 1880 to 1979.
53. Of or relating to or functioning as a clause.
54. Of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the sea or air.
55. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
58. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
61. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
62. An accountant certified by the state.
64. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
69. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
72. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
73. Generalized edema with accumulation of serum in subcutaneous connective tissue.
76. An associate degree in applied science.
77. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
78. Leisure time away from work.
79. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
80. An affirmative.
81. A collection of excerpts from a literary work.
82. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
3. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
4. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
5. Clear to the mind.
6. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
7. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
8. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
9. A midwestern state in north central United States.
10. A statement asserting the existence or the truth of something.
11. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
12. Expel, as of gases and odors.
13. Socks and stockings and tights collectively (the British include underwear as hosiery).
14. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
19. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
21. A piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed.
24. An ocean trip taken for pleasure.
28. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
30. An outstanding Spanish cellist noted for his interpretation of Bach's cello suites (1876-1973).
31. Jordan's port.
34. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
35. Be imminent or about to happen.
36. A young unmarried woman.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
44. Soft spongelike central cylinder of the stems of most flowering plants.
45. Advanced in years.
48. A board with the alphabet on it.
49. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
51. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
52. Language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense.
56. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
57. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
59. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
60. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
63. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
65. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
66. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
67. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
68. A native or inhabitant of Scotland.
70. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
71. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
74. (British) Your grandmother.
75. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.