1. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
4. The activity of converting from plain text into code.
12. Any of various units of capacity.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. (music) Based on the standard major or minor scales consisting of 5 tones and 2 semitones without modulation by accidentals.
17. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
18. A source of the dye archil and of litmus.
20. A word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase.
22. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
23. Written in print characters or produced by means of e.g. a printing press.
24. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
25. An island of central Hawaii.
26. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
27. A group of girls or young women.
30. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
32. Not accepting reservations.
36. A sweet flavored liquid (usually containing a small amount of alcohol) used in compounding medicines to be taken by mouth in order to mask an unpleasant taste.
39. A city in southern Finland.
40. An audiotape recording of sound.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. A typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system.
46. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. Of or relating to or supporting Islamism.
52. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
53. (law) Having made a legally valid will before death.
56. Having the slant of a bevel.
57. Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement.
59. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
60. The act of scanning.
63. A particular environment or walk of life.
65. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
69. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
73. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
75. Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god).
76. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
77. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
78. A plant that bears fruit once and dies.
79. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. God of death.
2. An indistinct shapeless form.
3. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
4. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
6. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
7. Type genus of the Otariidae.
8. An uproarious party.
9. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
10. A name under which Ninkhursag was worshipped.
11. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
12. A lyric poet.
13. A small nail.
14. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
19. The sepals of a flower collectively forming the outer floral envelope or layer of the perianth enclosing a developing bud.
21. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
28. Pass by, as of time.
29. A bodily organ that is essential for life.
31. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
33. A city is east central Sweden north northwest of Stockholm.
34. A republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea.
35. Not disposed to cheat or defraud.
37. Someone who cuts and delivers ice.
38. Noteworthy scarcity.
42. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
47. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
48. (formerly) A horse-drawn wagon that delivered ice door to door.
50. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
54. Of or relating to the spinal cord.
55. Utensil with sharp perforations for shredding foods (as vegetables or cheese).
58. An artificial language intended for international use as an auxiliary language.
61. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
62. An elaborate song for solo voice.
64. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
66. Set down according to a plan.
67. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
68. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
70. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
71. The capital and largest city of Japan.
72. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.