1. The bill in a restaurant.
4. Brought together into a group or crowd.
11. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
15. (informal) Of the highest quality.
16. Large mackerel with long pointed snout.
17. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
18. An informal conversation.
20. Type genus of the Nepidae.
21. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
22. A coagulation factor (trade name Hemofil) whose absence is associated with hemophilia A.
23. A metallic element of the rare earth group.
26. Genus of fern having only one species.
28. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
31. The capital of Egypt and the largest city in Africa.
32. A living organism characterized by voluntary movement.
36. Hairy perennial Eurasian herb with yellow daisylike flowers reputed to destroy or drive away fleas.
38. Type genus of the Anatidae.
39. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
40. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
43. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
44. Not elegant or graceful in expression.
48. Being deficient in moisture.
49. A bachelor's degree in science.
50. A man who serves as a sailor.
51. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
55. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
56. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
61. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
64. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
67. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
68. Of or at or relating to an anode.
71. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
72. A series of waterfalls in Yosemite National Park in California.
74. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
75. Fiddler crabs.
76. Something immaterial that stands in the way and must be circumvented or surmounted.
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
2. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
3. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
6. Pertaining to filberts or hazelnuts.
7. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
8. Any of various small terrestrial isopods having a flat elliptical segmented body.
9. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
10. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
11. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
12. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
13. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
14. The muscular back part of the shank.
19. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
24. A thick and heavy shoe.
25. Top part of an apron.
27. United States comedian and film actor (1880-1946).
29. Having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another.
30. (Judaism) The ceremonial dinner on the first night (or both nights) of Passover.
33. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
34. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
35. Of or relating to a dialect of Sotho or the Bantu people who speak it.
37. An embarrassing mistake.
41. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
42. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
45. Type genus of the Pipridae containing the typical manakins.
46. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
47. A flourish added after or under your signature (originally to protect against forgery).
52. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
53. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
54. A family of Ural-Altaic languages.
57. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
58. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
59. A military trainee (as at a military academy).
60. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
62. Knock unconscious or senseless.
63. Scottish explorer who led Arctic expeditions that yielded geographic discoveries while searching for the Northwest Passage (1777-1856).
65. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
66. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
69. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
70. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
73. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.