1. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
4. In a perky manner.
11. A French abbot.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. A person who reduces the intensity (e.g., of fears) and calms and pacifies.
17. With no effort to conceal.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. A fundamental principle or practice.
21. Humorously vulgar.
23. Feeling self-respect or pleasure in something by which you measure's your self-worth.
25. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
26. A woody climbing usually tropical plant.
28. A track or mark left by something that has passed.
30. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
33. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
36. A loud resonant repeating noise.
40. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
41. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
42. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
43. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
46. Any of various small biting flies.
48. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
49. Causing fear or dread or terror.
52. Of or related to the genital and urinary organs or their functions.
54. Creation that is created again or anew.
57. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
59. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
62. Characteristic of a lack of maturity.
64. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
66. Impregnate with resin to give a special flavor to, as of some Greek wines.
70. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
71. The value of a coordinate on the vertical axis.
74. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
75. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
76. Belonging to or governing a diocese n.
77. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
78. Used of a single unit or thing.
79. Sticking fast n.
80. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
1. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
2. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Young tree.
5. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
6. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. The eighth month of the civil year.
9. Dormouse of southern Europe and northern Africa.
10. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
11. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
12. Obvious and dull.
13. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
14. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
20. Not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course.
22. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
24. Relating to the Urdu language.
27. A quantity of no importance.
29. Not in action or at work.
31. Relating to or near the ulna.
32. Machine tool for shaping metal or wood.
34. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
35. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
37. The month following July and preceding September.
38. The last imperial dynasty of China (from 1644 to 1912) which was overthrown by revolutionaries.
39. become turned or set on end.
44. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
45. Somewhat arid.
47. Relating to or characteristic of the times of the Roman emperor Augustus.
50. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
51. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
53. Chief port of Yemen.
55. A metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles).
56. Someone who earn wages in return for their labor.
58. (poetic) "the orient sun" n 1.
60. Not acknowledging the God of Christianity and Judaism and Islam.
61. Become ground down or deteriorate.
63. Someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity).
65. The closing section of a musical composition.
67. Absent without permission.
68. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
69. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
72. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
73. Water frozen in the solid state.