1. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
4. Make legal.
12. A master's degree in business.
15. Any high mountain.
16. Outer membrane covering an axon.
17. Take in solid food.
18. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
19. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
20. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
22. Genus of Australian woody vines having showy red or purplish flowers.
24. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. A sock knitted or woven with a diamond-shaped pattern.
30. A port in southwestern Scotland.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
39. Having three dimensions.
41. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
43. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
46. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
47. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. English writer who is remembered for her biography of Charlotte Bronte (1810-1865).
52. Any of several fleet black-and-white striped African equines.
55. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
58. An informal term for a father.
59. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
61. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
64. Common Indian weaverbird.
67. Being one more than fifty.
69. Used of a single unit or thing.
71. The content of cognition.
73. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
77. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
78. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
79. Youthful appearance in an old person.
80. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
81. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
82. The quality of being alike.
83. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Czech novelist who wrote in German about a nightmarish world of isolated and troubled individuals (1883-1924).
2. Advanced in years.
3. Leap. jerk, bang (dialectal).
4. In a weak and unconvincing manner.
5. The outer germ layer that develops into skin and nervous tissue.
6. A desert in central Asia.
7. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
8. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
9. The striking of one body against another.
10. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
12. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
13. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
14. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
21. A farewell remark.
23. City in Sudan.
25. Being one more than two.
28. The act of scanning.
29. A polymer of vinyl chloride used instead of rubber in electric cables.
31. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
32. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
33. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
35. American poet (born in England) (1907-1973).
36. (Philippine) A dish of marinated vegetables and meat or fish.
38. Jordan's port.
40. English monk and scholar (672-735).
42. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
44. How long something has existed.
45. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
50. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
51. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
53. A Hindu prince or king in India.
54. A word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew (where it is a loan word from Russian).
56. Valuable source of caviar and isinglass.
57. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
60. Native to Egypt but cultivated widely for its aromatic seeds and the oil from them used medicinally and as a flavoring in cookery.
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
65. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
68. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
70. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
72. Fallow deer.
74. An associate degree in applied science.
75. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
76. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.