1. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
4. A step to one side (as in boxing or dancing).
12. A numbered compartment in a post office where mail is put to be called for.
15. Old World vine with lobed evergreen leaves and black berrylike fruits.
16. Pertaining to filberts or hazelnuts.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
18. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
19. United States writer and dramatist (1897-1975).
20. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
22. Italian painter whose many paintings exemplify the ideals of the High Renaissance (1483-1520).
24. (Old Testament) The guardian archangel of the Jews.
26. Remove the hand from.
30. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
34. The part of a coal seam that is being cut.
38. Found in warm waters of western Atlantic.
40. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
41. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
43. Cud-chewing mammal used as a draft or saddle animal in desert regions.
44. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
45. (Greek mythology) The last king of Troy.
47. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
48. A port in southwestern Scotland.
50. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
56. Offering fun and gaiety.
59. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
60. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
64. Drug (trade name Isordil) used to treat angina pectoris and congestive heart failure.
65. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
66. A branch of the Tai languages.
67. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
68. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
72. Flat tableland with steep edges.
73. Someone who dissipates resources self-indulgently.
75. A light touch or stroke.
76. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
77. Covered with paving material.
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (Babylonian) God of fire.
2. (zoology) Pertaining to or characteristic of birds.
3. A thin coagulable fluid (similar to plasma but) containing white blood cells (lymphocytes) and chyle.
4. The fifth month of the Hindu calendar.
5. Overgrown with ivy.
6. A small wooded hollow.
7. Late time of life.
8. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
9. Covered with paving material.
10. Half the width of an em.
11. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. A cruel wicked and inhuman person.
14. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
21. Grayish baboon of southern and eastern Africa.
23. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
25. In or of the present month.
27. Taken before a meal as an appetizer.
28. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
29. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
31. Syncopated music in duple time for dancing the rumba.
32. Sour or bitter in taste.
33. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
35. A suburb of Paris.
36. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
37. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
39. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
42. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
46. Brain corals.
49. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
51. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
52. A deep opening in the earth's surface.
53. An employee who mixes and serves alcoholic drinks at a bar.
54. A member of an Algonquian people who lived west of Lake Superior.
55. A large commercial and industrial city in northeastern Texas.
57. 20 aspers equal 1 kuru.
58. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
61. English monk and scholar (672-735).
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. Jordan's port.
69. Of southern Europe.
70. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
71. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
74. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).