1. A support placed beneath or against something to keep it from shaking or falling.
5. A cart drawn by a dog.
12. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
15. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
16. A department of Greece in the central Peloponnese.
17. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
18. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
19. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
20. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
22. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
24. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
27. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
30. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
32. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
33. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. Beyond what is natural.
37. Marked by quiet and caution and secrecy.
40. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
42. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
45. Type genus of the Apidae.
46. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
49. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
52. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
53. Covered with paving material.
54. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an analgesic and antipyretic.
56. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
57. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. Someone who bakes commercially.
61. A state in northwestern North America.
63. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
69. The products of human creativity.
71. The person who delivers personal property (goods or money) in trust to the bailee in a bailment.
74. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
77. A mistake resulting from inattention.
78. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
79. The capital and largest city of Kenya.
81. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
82. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
83. Change from a crossed to an uncrossed position.
84. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
1. A folded part (as a fold of skin or muscle).
2. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
3. A small body that contains the female germ cell of a plant.
4. Hypothetical remedy for all ills or diseases.
5. An informal term for a father.
6. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
7. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
8. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
9. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
10. A state in New England.
11. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
12. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
13. A small cake leavened with yeast.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
21. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
23. Related to or located at the back.
25. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
28. A deep bow.
29. In bed.
31. Old or New World straight-billed game bird of the sandpiper family.
35. A trite or obvious remark.
36. Marine mollusks having a rough irregular shell.
38. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
39. Any plant of the genus Erica.
41. United States Film actress and daughter of Henry Fonda (born in 1937).
43. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
44. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
47. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
48. A public promotion of some product or service.
50. Radiation lying in the ultraviolet range.
51. A skeletal muscle arising from the tibia.
55. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
58. Being a bard or relating to a bard's poetry.
60. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
62. Fiber from an East Indian plant Hibiscus cannabinus.
64. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (21,654 feet high).
65. 16 ounces.
67. The basic unit of money in Ethiopia.
68. In addition.
70. A unit of pressure equal to 0.001316 atmosphere.
72. The capital and largest city of Norway.
73. Having been read.
75. (Babylonian) The sky god.
76. A toilet in England.
80. A bachelor's degree in science.