1. Either extremity of something that has length.
4. Used of persons.
12. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
15. Bright and pleasant.
16. Small free-swimming tunicates.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
18. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
20. Selected as the best.
21. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
22. United States writer of plays and short stories (1908-1981).
24. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
26. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
28. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
30. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
34. The capital of Croatia.
35. One species.
38. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
42. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
43. Made of fir or pine.
46. A small cake leavened with yeast.
47. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
49. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
51. In or of the month preceding the present one.
52. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
55. In bed.
58. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
60. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
65. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
66. Delicacy highly prized in Japan but highly dangerous.
68. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
72. French writer whose novels described the sordid side of city life (1804-1857).
73. Used especially in treating bruises.
77. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
78. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
80. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
81. Failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to.
82. Herbs of Mediterranean to central Asia cultivated for their flowers.
83. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
1. Armor plate that protects the chest.
2. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
3. Someone whose job is to dye cloth.
4. Kill intentionally and with premeditation.
5. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
6. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
7. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
8. A thick black tar intermediate between petroleum and asphalt.
9. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
10. A sweet liquid secretion that is attractive to pollinators.
11. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
12. The capital of Morocco.
13. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
14. Proceeding from or ordered by or subject to a pope or the papacy regarded as the successor of the Apostles.
19. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
23. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
25. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
29. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
31. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
32. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
33. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
36. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
37. An informal term for a father.
39. Resin of the kauri trees of N Zealand.
40. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
41. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
44. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
45. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
48. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
50. One who attacks the reputation of another by slander or libel.
53. A bachelor's degree in religion.
54. To fix or set securely or deeply.
56. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
57. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
59. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
61. An island republic on Nauru Island.
62. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
63. Lighted up by or as by fire or flame.
64. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
67. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
69. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. (statistics) Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value.
74. Rate of revolution of a motor.
75. Tag the base runner to get him out.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.