1. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
4. A lamellar mixture of cementite and ferrite formed during the cooling of austenite.
12. Former measure of the US economy.
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. Distributed equitably in limited individual portions.
17. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
18. The month following July and preceding September.
19. The act of building or putting up.
20. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
21. A cadenced trot executed by the horse in one spot.
23. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
24. Deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning).
26. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
27. A numerical scale used to compare variables with one another or with some reference number.
29. A low woody perennial plant usually having several major branches.
32. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
36. Fatty pinkish flesh of small salmon caught in the Pacific and Great Lakes.
37. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
38. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
39. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
41. Take control of.
45. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
46. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
47. Before noon.
49. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
50. An island in the Aegean Sea in the Saronic Gulf.
52. A large family of trees, shrubs, vines, and herbs bearing bean pods.
55. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
56. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
57. Very small.
59. A port city in southwestern Iran.
61. A thrusting blow with a knife.
64. A light touch or stroke.
66. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
67. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
69. Of or relating to rabbis or their teachings.
74. The month following March and preceding May.
75. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
78. Of or belonging to an aecium.
79. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
80. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
82. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
83. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
84. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
85. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
3. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
4. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
5. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
6. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
7. Evergreen trees or shrubs of mountains of Australia and Tasmania.
8. A globular water bottle used in Asia.
9. Having been introduced to something new.
10. Being one more than nine.
11. Having a specified kind of border or edge.
12. Sea milkwort.
13. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
14. Tall coarse perennial American herb having small white flowers followed by blackish-red berries on long drooping racemes.
22. A soft mineral (calcium fluoride) that is fluorescent in ultraviolet light.
25. Remove the fangs from (canines, snakes, etc.).
28. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
30. A minor Hebrew prophet (8th century BC).
31. A line on a sphere that cuts all meridians at the same angle.
33. A set of tags and rules (conforming to SGML) for using them in developing hypertext documents.
34. Rupture in smooth muscle tissue through which a bodily structure protrudes.
35. Wish harm upon.
40. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
42. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
43. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
44. A quantity of no importance.
48. Shad-like North American marine fishes used for fish meal and oil and fertilizer.
51. Take in, also metaphorically.
53. A French abbot.
54. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
58. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
60. Situated at an apex.
62. Reed maces.
63. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
65. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
68. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
70. A small cake leavened with yeast.
71. (Greek mythology) Winged goddess of victory.
72. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
73. A musical notation written on a staff indicating the pitch of the notes following it.
76. A rapid bustling commotion.
77. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
81. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.