1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
5. A small sc or pouch (especially the smaller chamber of the membranous labyrinth).
12. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
15. An Asian river between China and Russia.
16. A republic in the western Balkans in south-central Europe in the eastern Adriatic coastal area.
17. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
18. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
19. An Italian poet famous for `The Divine Comedy'--a journey through hell and purgatory and paradise guided by Virgil and his idealized Beatrice (1265-1321).
20. A major European river carrying more traffic than any other river in the world.
21. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
22. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
23. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
24. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
25. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
28. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
30. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
31. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
33. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
36. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
37. Chief port of Yemen.
41. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
44. Gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby.
46. An amine containing the double bond linkage -C=C-N-.
50. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
51. Covered patchily.
52. Fallow deer.
54. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
55. A downhill race over a winding course defined by upright poles.
58. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
59. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
63. Covered with paving material.
68. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
70. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. A wired or starched collar of intricate lace.
74. True firs.
75. 30 to 300 gigahertz.
76. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
78. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
79. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
80. The property characteristic of old age.
81. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
2. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
3. Rotary engine in which the kinetic energy of a moving fluid is converted into mechanical energy by causing a bladed rotor to rotate.
4. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
5. An honorary degree in science.
6. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
7. Clear soup usually of beef or veal or chicken.
8. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas.
9. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
10. Being one more than fifty.
11. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
12. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
13. Dress very carefully and in a finicky manner.
14. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
26. United States feminist (born in 1934).
27. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
29. Jordan's port.
32. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
34. Obvious and dull.
35. Perennial mountain rice native to Mediterranean region and introduced into North America.
38. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
39. English essayist (1775-1834).
40. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
42. Special design or visual object representing a quality, type, group, etc..
43. Having leadership guidance.
45. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
49. Make a half turn on a horse, in dressage.
53. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
56. An atom or molecule or radical or ion that forms a complex around a central atom.
57. (dialect) A short straight stick of wood.
60. Not functioning properly.
61. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
62. The sacred city of Lamaism.
64. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
65. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
66. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
67. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
69. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
72. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
73. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
77. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.