1. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
4. Oldest known reptiles.
12. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. The unintentional misuse of a word by confusion with one that sounds similar.
17. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
18. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
19. Lock up in jail.
20. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
21. (Roman Catholic) A diplomatic representative of the Pope having ambassadorial status.
23. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
24. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
26. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
29. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
32. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
33. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
34. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
37. Mollusk with a low conical shell.
39. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
42. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
43. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
50. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
52. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
54. A heavy iron lever with one end forged into a wedge.
55. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
56. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
59. The cry made by sheep.
61. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
62. Used especially of fruits.
66. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
69. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
73. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
77. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
78. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
79. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
80. A master's degree in fine arts.
81. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
82. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
83. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
1. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
2. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
3. 100 chon equal 1 won.
4. Only the bowfins.
5. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
6. Any high mountain.
7. United States painter (1870-1966).
8. A swift whirling motion (usually of a missile).
9. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
10. A jamb for a door.
11. Transient cessation of respiration.
12. Small creeping evergreen shrubs.
13. A quantity of no importance.
14. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
22. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
25. A resource.
27. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
28. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
30. Of or relating to or located near a hilum.
31. A hard gary-black mineral consisting of corundum and either hematite or magnetite.
35. The whiteness that results from removing the color from something.
36. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
38. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
40. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
45. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
47. An outpouring of gossip.
51. The froth produced by soaps or detergents.
53. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
57. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
58. The last (12th) month of the year.
60. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
63. Of a pale purple color.
64. Squash bugs.
65. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
67. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
68. Armor plate that protects the chest.
70. The highest level or degree attainable.
71. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
72. The sixth month of the civil year.
74. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
75. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.