1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. Partial or total lack of sensation in a part of the body.
12. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. Old World shorebird with long pointed wings and short legs.
17. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
18. A popular island resort off the northeastern tip of the Yucatan peninsula.
20. Someone who owns (is legal possessor of) a business.
21. One million periods per second.
22. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
23. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
25. Artificial and inferior.
27. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
29. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
31. Located farther aft.
34. Make understand.
35. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
39. Quality of being active or spirited or vigorous.
42. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
44. Wood of any of various mahogany trees.
46. Covering or applying simultaneously to a number of similar items or elements or groups.
50. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
51. (British) Your grandmother.
52. Of or relating to the perineum.
53. A wave number characteristic of the wave spectrum of each element.
55. A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair.
56. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
58. An uproarious party.
59. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
62. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
66. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
68. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
71. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
72. Having life or vigor or spirit.
76. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
77. Wild and domestic cattle.
78. One of two or more tenants holding title to the same property.
79. A light touch or stroke.
80. In or of the month preceding the present one.
81. Trees or shrubs of the families Ebenaceae or Sapotaceae or Styracaceae or Symplocaceae.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
4. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
5. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
6. Informal terms for a mother.
7. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
8. Himalayish language spoken in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal.
9. The longest division of geological time.
10. Consisting of or of the nature of frozen or partially frozen rain.
11. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
12. A state of deep and often prolonged unconsciousness.
13. Not fake or counterfeit.
14. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
19. Engraving or carving in low relief on a stone (as in a brooch or ring).
24. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
26. A gesture involving the shoulders.
28. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
30. A vaguely specified concern.
32. Someone who makes frames (as for pictures).
33. The distinctive property of a complex sound (a voice or noise or musical sound).
36. Complacently or inanely foolish.
37. A deliberately misleading fabrication.
38. Any plant of the genus Eryngium.
40. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
41. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
43. Family based on male descent.
45. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
47. A genus of Laridae.
48. A red soil produced by rock decay.
49. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
54. (informal) Exceptionally good.
57. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
60. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
61. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
63. Absent without permission.
64. In or of the present month.
65. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
67. A sign of something about to happen.
69. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
70. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
73. An elegantly dressed man (often with affected manners).
74. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
75. Acute delirium caused by alcohol poisoning.