1. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
5. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
12. The compass point midway between south and southwest.
15. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
16. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
19. Spring-loaded doorlock that can only be opened from the outside with a key.
20. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
22. (Arthurian legend) The most virtuous knight of the Round Table.
24. Goat grass.
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
27. Relating to or characteristic of people of Rome.
28. Relating to or denoting or characteristic of Catalonia or its inhabitants.
31. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. The content of cognition.
38. (Roman Catholic Church) The supreme ecclesiastical tribunal for cases appealed to the Holy See from diocesan courts.
42. The branch of military science dealing with detailed maneuvers to achieve objectives set by strategy.
44. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
45. A polite name for any woman.
46. Of or in or relating to the nose.
47. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
49. Rough edge left by a deckle on handmade paper or produced artificially on machine-made paper.
50. A public promotion of some product or service.
51. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
52. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
55. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
57. Genus of South and Central American heathlike evergreen shrubs.
60. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
63. Neuralgia along the sciatic nerve.
67. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
68. Someone who rigs.
71. A lake in northwestern Russia.
72. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
73. All the weapons and equipment that a country has.
75. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
76. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
77. Having an elongated seating area.
78. Smallest merganser and most expert diver.
1. A vigorous blow.
2. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
3. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
4. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
5. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
6. A port city in southwestern Iran.
7. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
8. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
9. Sticking fast n.
10. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
11. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of the early Saxons or Anglo-Saxons and their descendents (especially the English or Lowland Scots) and their language.
13. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
14. A large number or amount.
21. An extinct ancient language of unknown affinities.
23. Occupied or in the control of.
25. United States physicist who developed the first successful liquid-fueled rocket (1882-1945).
29. Away from the mouth or oral region.
30. A member of the Mongolian people of central Asia who invaded Russia in the 13th century.
32. The process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort).
33. Heart and liver and other edible viscera especially of hogs.
35. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
37. A Nilotic language.
39. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
40. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
41. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
43. A city in Tamil Nadu on the Bay of Bengal.
48. An active volcano in southeastern Colombia in the Andes.
53. Not in a specified place physically or mentally.
54. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
56. Mosses similar to those of genus Bryum but larger.
58. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
59. (Greek mythology) A Titan who was forced by Zeus to bear the sky on his shoulders.
61. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
62. Channel into a new direction.
64. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
65. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
66. Again but in a new or different way.
69. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
70. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
74. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.