1. The rate at which words are produced (as in speaking or typing).
4. Sect of Orthodox Jews who follow the Mosaic Law strictly.
12. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. Small East Indian shrubby mint.
17. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
18. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
20. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
21. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
23. A light touch or stroke.
25. Small creatures resembling pieces of fuzzy rope.
27. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
28. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
29. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. Type genus of the Anatidae.
36. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
39. A wound made by cutting.
41. One thousandth of a second.
43. A public promotion of some product or service.
44. A metallic tapping sound.
46. The sodium salt of amobarbital that is used as a barbiturate.
47. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
49. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
51. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
52. An airplane with an external propeller that is driven by a turbojet engine.
55. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
56. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
57. A republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia.
58. Very dark black.
60. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
61. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
63. Make less visible or unclear.
66. A ray of moonlight.
70. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
74. An Eskimo hut.
75. Done or occurring in a brief period of time.
79. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
80. An acute febrile highly contagious viral disease.
81. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
84. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
85. A city in north central Morocco.
86. The value of a coordinate on the horizontal axis.
87. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
2. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
3. Austrian physicist and philosopher who introduced the Mach number and who founded logical positivism (1838-1916).
4. An accountant certified by the state.
5. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. An entire system.
8. An electrically charged particle.
9. The quality of being slow to understand.
10. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
11. English writer of stories for children (1882-1956).
12. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
13. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
14. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
19. An obsolete firearm with a long barrel.
24. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
26. Extinct tiny nocturnal lower primates that fed on fruit and insects.
30. Consisting of or made of cedar.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. With neatness.
35. Oblong cream puff.
37. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
38. A state in southeastern United States.
40. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
42. The ermine in its brown summer coat with black-tipped tail.
45. Plaything consisting of a light frame covered with tissue paper.
48. The central conical bony pillar of the cochlea.
50. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
53. Used chiefly as a direction or description in music.
54. Tropical tree of the East Indies cultivated for its edible fruit.
59. A Russian river.
62. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
64. A doctor's degree in optometry.
65. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
67. Look at with amorous intentions.
68. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
69. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
71. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
72. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
73. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
76. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
77. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
78. God of the underworld.
82. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
83. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.