1. A light touch or stroke.
4. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
12. A castrated tomcat.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. Small genus of Old World ferns.
17. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
18. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
20. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
21. The cry made by sheep.
22. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
25. Capable of arousing enthusiasm or excitement.
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
30. A white trivalent metallic element.
32. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
34. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
38. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
42. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
44. Money in the form of bills or coins.
46. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
47. American and Asiatic trees having edible one-seeded fruit.
49. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
51. Signal going into an electronic system.
53. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
54. Dry red table wine from the Rioja region of northern Spain.
56. A small cake leavened with yeast.
57. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
60. A human limb.
62. Uttering in an irritated tone.
66. Using speech rather than writing.
67. The largest Greek island in the Mediterranean.
70. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
71. Not reflecting light.
75. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
76. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
77. A collection of excerpts from a literary work.
78. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
79. The habitation of wild animals.
80. Vodka and beef bouillon or consomme.
81. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
1. Fallow deer.
2. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
3. Of or relating to or containing barium.
4. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
5. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
6. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
7. Preferred above all others and treated with partiality.
8. A hairdo formed by braiding or twisting the hair.
9. Follower of Rastafarianism.
10. One of the proteins into which actomyosin can be split.
11. The title of the ancient Egyptian kings.
12. A desert in central Asia.
13. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
24. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. Avatar of Vishnu.
28. Effusively or insincerely emotional.
31. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
33. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
35. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
36. A blind god.
37. Of or relating to or involving an area.
39. An inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another.
40. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
41. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
45. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
48. Of or relating to walls.
50. Desire strongly or persistently.
52. United States writer remembered for his novels (1904-1979).
55. Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog.
58. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
59. A switch made from the stems of the rattan palms.
61. In some classifications.
63. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
64. Excessive but superficial compliments given with affected charm.
65. Disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles.
68. Measuring instrument for indicating speed of rotation.
69. (prefix) Within.
72. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
73. (Babylonian) The sky god.
74. An audiotape recording of sound.