1. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
4. The position of judge.
12. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. Bubble shells.
17. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
18. A humorous anecdote or remark.
19. A person who rides a pedal-driven vehicle (as a bicycle).
20. A spring-flowering shrub or small tree of the genus Crataegus.
21. Perennial mountain rice native to Mediterranean region and introduced into North America.
23. A state in midwestern United States.
24. Keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement.
26. Fish-eating bird of warm inland waters having a long flexible neck and slender sharp-pointed bill.
29. Suggestive of the supernatural.
30. Roman general who commanded the invasion of Carthage in the second Punic War and defeated Hannibal at Zama (circa 237-183 BC).
33. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. Panic grass.
37. Direct toward itself or oneself.
42. A speech sound produced with both the oral and nasal passages open (as French nasal vowels).
44. A portion of something (especially money).
45. A corporation's first offer to sell stock to the public.
46. Any of several low-growing Australian eucalypts.
47. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
48. Toward land.
51. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
54. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
55. The longest division of geological time.
60. A simple jointed bit for a horse.
63. (zoology) Relating to or belonging to or characteristic of any worms of the phylum Annelida.
67. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
68. Seed again or anew.
71. The basic unit of money in Poland.
72. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
73. Oldest known reptiles.
75. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
76. The cry made by sheep.
77. A great raja.
78. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
1. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
2. A fraudulent business scheme.
3. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
4. Greenhouse shrub with glossy green leaves and showy fragrant roselike flowers.
5. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
6. A doctor's degree in education.
7. A small hard particle.
8. Fodder harvested while green and kept succulent by partial fermentation as in a silo.
9. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
10. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
11. A bet that you can pick the first and second finishers in the right order.
12. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
13. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
14. Small olive-colored woodland flycatchers of eastern North America.
22. The fur of a rabbit.
25. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
27. English poet (1859-1936).
28. Having winglike extensions.
31. Of or relating to the wrist.
32. The craniometric point that is the most prominent point at the back of the head (at the occipital protuberance).
36. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
38. A crime that undermines the offender's government.
39. A theatrical performer.
40. A soft whitish calcite.
41. (medicine) A grossly malformed and usually nonviable fetus.
43. An honorary law degree.
49. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
50. A heavy gray-white metallic element.
52. A festival featuring African-American culture.
53. A hotel for motorists.
56. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
57. The French-speaking part of the Canadian Maritime Provinces.
58. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
59. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
61. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
62. A Russian river.
64. Fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines.
65. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
66. Two items of the same kind.
69. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
70. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
74. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.