1. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
5. (British) A minicar used as a taxicab.
12. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
15. A platform built out from the shore into the water and supported by piles.
16. A bitter yellow powder used to treat skin diseases.
17. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
18. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
19. Disease of rodents (especially rabbits and squirrels) and sometimes transmitted to humans by ticks or flies or by handling infected animals.
20. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
21. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
23. Black tropical American cuckoo.
24. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. Lower in esteem.
30. (used especially of glances) Directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
38. A Mid-Atlantic state.
41. Female equine animal.
43. Stem of plants of the Gramineae.
45. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
47. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
48. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
50. Any tropical gymnosperm of the order Cycadales.
51. (informal) Exceptionally good.
54. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
55. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
56. Not only so, but.
59. A standard or model or pattern regarded as typical.
61. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
63. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
65. An ice containing milk.
68. After a negative statement used as an intensive meaning something like `likewise' or `also'.
72. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
73. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
76. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
77. (Babylonian) The sky god.
78. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
80. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
81. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
82. A great raja.
83. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
3. Heal or recover.
4. A large fleet.
5. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
6. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
7. Relating to or accompanying birth.
8. Extremely robust.
9. Large dark-striped tropical food and game fish related to remoras.
10. Make amends for.
11. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
12. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
13. Framework for holding objects.
14. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
22. An unofficial association of people or groups.
25. The Magadhan language spoken by the Assamese people.
27. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
29. A decree that prohibits something.
31. United States painter best known for his portraits of George Washington (1755-1828).
32. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
33. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
35. Make or cause to be or to become.
36. A cord or band of inelastic tissue connecting a muscle with its bony attachment.
39. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
40. A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.
42. An arc-shaped whitish deposit sometimes seen in the cornea.
44. Relating to or characteristic of Hungary.
46. A white trivalent metallic element.
49. A program under which employees regularly accumulate shares and may ultimately assume control of the company.
52. The title of the ancient Egyptian kings.
53. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
57. Preserve a dead body.
58. South American cavy.
60. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
62. Wine and hot water with sugar and lemon juice and nutmeg.
64. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
66. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
67. Tropical American flat-jointed prickly pear.
69. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
70. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
71. Avatar of Vishnu.
74. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
75. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
79. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.