1. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
4. Armor plate that protects the arm.
12. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
15. The month following March and preceding May.
16. English biographer and leading member of the Bloomsbury Group (1880-1932).
17. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
18. (Old Testament) The second wife of Jacob and mother of Joseph and Benjamin.
20. (physical chemistry) A distinct state of matter in a system.
21. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
22. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
23. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
25. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
28. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
29. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
32. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
34. The 4th planet from the sun.
38. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
39. A sudden short attack.
42. (British) Your grandmother.
43. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
46. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
48. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
50. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. An area of sand sloping down to the water of a sea or lake.
53. A port in southwestern Scotland.
54. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
56. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
59. The father of your father or mother.
62. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
66. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
70. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
71. Inflammation of the female pelvic organs (especially the Fallopian tubes) caused by infection by any of several microorganisms (chiefly gonococci and chlamydia).
74. A woman who has recently been married.
75. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
76. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
78. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
79. An affirmative.
80. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
81. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A member of the British order of honor.
2. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
3. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
4. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
5. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
6. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
7. A person who lacks good judgment.
8. (in various religions) The world of the dead.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
11. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
12. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
19. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
24. The capital of Eritrea.
26. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
27. Concluding state of pregnancy.
30. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
31. The brightest star in Cygnus.
33. A constitutional monarchy in a tiny enclave on the French Riviera.
35. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
36. Tall and thin and having long slender limbs.
37. (physics) A deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves.
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
44. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
45. An internal representation of the world.
47. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
49. That is to say.
55. A cooler darker spot appearing periodically on the surface of the sun.
57. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
58. The vein in the center of a leaf.
60. The amount a salary is increased.
61. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
63. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
64. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
65. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
67. A Loloish language.
68. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
69. The content of cognition.
72. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
73. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
77. An associate degree in nursing.