1. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
4. A desert in southwestern Africa - largely Botswana.
12. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
15. A knockout declared by the referee who judges one boxer unable to continue.
16. Expected to follow in the indefinite future from causes already operating.
17. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
18. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
20. Of a leaf shape.
22. A port city in southwestern Iran.
24. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
25. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
27. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
28. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
31. (Greek mythology) God of the heavens.
34. The wife or widow of a czar.
38. A resentment strong enough to justify retaliation.
42. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
43. A large piece of fabric (as canvas) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel.
44. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
46. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
47. English monk and scholar (672-735).
49. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
51. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
52. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
55. Used in former classifications to include all ratite bird orders.
58. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
60. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
61. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
63. (aeronautical) Pertaining to the tail section of a plane.
64. A white solid mineral that occurs naturally as periclase.
69. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
71. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
73. (law) The seat for judges in a courtroom.
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. Having winglike extensions.
78. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
79. Arctic deer with large antlers in both sexes.
81. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
82. Take in solid food.
83. A bag carried by a strap on your back or shoulder.
84. An honorary law degree.
1. An elongated leather strip (or or strip of similar material) for binding things together or holding something in position.
2. Jordan's port.
3. Small silvery schooling fishes with protrusible mouths found in warm coastal waters.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. The eleventh month of the civil year.
6. Having leadership guidance.
7. An associate degree in nursing.
8. A protocol (utilizing TCP) to transfer hypertext requests and information between servers and browsers.
9. A conspicuous constellation in the northern hemisphere.
10. Falling in drops or as if falling like rain.
11. Not in good physical or mental health.
12. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
13. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
14. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
19. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. The third compartment of the stomach of a ruminant.
23. A former French coin of low denomination.
26. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
30. A salt or ester of arsenic acid.
32. Having been read.
33. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
35. A city in northeastern Egypt at the head of the Gulf of Suez and at the southern end of the Suez Canal.
36. A state in midwestern United States.
37. Large Indian antelope.
39. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
40. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
41. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
45. (Irish) The sea personified.
48. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
50. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
53. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
54. Of or relating to or supporting Islamism.
56. Bark rich in tannin.
57. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
59. A sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury.
62. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
65. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
66. Freshwater or marine or terrestrial gastropod mollusk usually having an external enclosing spiral shell.
67. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
68. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
70. Anything that serves as an enticement.
72. (British) Informal term for the nose v 1.
75. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
76. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
80. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.