1. Seek someone's favor.
4. (mythology) According to legend, an island in the Atlantic Ocean that was swallowed by an earthquake.
12. Extremely pleasing.
15. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
16. Structure forming the transverse part of a cruciform church.
17. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
18. The Fate who determines the length of the thread of life.
20. A sloping mass of rocks at the base of a cliff.
21. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
22. The act of scanning.
23. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
25. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
27. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
28. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
30. Type genus of the Amiidae.
31. Being five more than one hundred.
33. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
34. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
38. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
41. A city of central China.
45. Being of use or service.
46. Not clearly understood or expressed.
48. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
51. The basic unit of money in Bulgaria.
52. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
55. Wear away.
58. Vibrate, as of a swing before it comes to a total rest.
60. (formerly) A horse-drawn wagon that delivered ice door to door.
62. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
63. A state in the eastern United States.
64. Go ashore.
69. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
73. Small spiny outgrowth on the wings of certain insects.
74. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
76. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
77. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
78. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
80. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
81. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
82. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
83. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. A large number or amount.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
4. A unit of pressure.
5. A psychological state induced by (or as if induced by) a magical incantation.
6. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
7. Typical geese.
8. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
9. A three-tone Chadic language.
10. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
11. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
12. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
13. The capital of Western Samoa.
14. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
19. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
24. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
26. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
29. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. Italian painter and art historian (1511-1574).
35. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
36. Typical shipworm.
37. Being one more than ten.
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. The 13th letter of the Greek alphabet.
42. The content of cognition.
43. A bachelor's degree in science.
44. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
47. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
49. Someone whose job is to dye cloth.
50. A noisy mock serenade (made by banging pans and kettles) to a newly married couple.
53. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
54. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
56. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
57. A Hindu prince or king in India.
59. Again but in a new or different way.
61. Military barracks in a garrison town.
65. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
66. A lump on the body caused by a blow.
67. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
68. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
70. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
71. The emotion of hate.
72. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. A radioactive element of the actinide series.