1. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
4. (formal) Ordinary and not refined.
12. A secret agent hired by a state to obtain (military) information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors.
15. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
16. Oldest known reptiles.
17. God of war and sky.
18. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
20. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
21. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
23. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
25. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
27. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
28. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
30. An attendant who carries the golf clubs for a player.
31. A person forced to flee from home or country.
33. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
37. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
40. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
42. An atom having a valence of one.
43. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
46. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
47. A state in New England.
48. The capital and largest city of Japan.
49. Being seven more than forty.
50. Lower in esteem.
54. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
56. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
57. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
60. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
62. Localized necrosis resulting from obstruction of the blood supply.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
66. In bed.
68. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
70. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
74. A decree that prohibits something.
77. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
78. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
79. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
81. Morally bad or wrong.
82. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
83. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
84. A quantity of no importance.
1. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Missouri in the valleys of the Missouri and Osage rivers.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. An associate degree in nursing.
6. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
7. The month following March and preceding May.
8. (commerce) The period of time permitted by commercial usage for the payment of a bill of exchange (especially a foreign bill of exchange).
9. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
10. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
11. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
12. Showing deterioration from age.
13. A city in Tuscany.
14. The basic unit of money in China.
19. Virility drug (trade name Viagra) used to treat erectile dysfunction in men.
22. Pig iron containing manganese.
24. A Mid-Atlantic state.
26. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
29. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
32. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
34. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
35. Arrived at without due care or effort.
36. For a short time.
38. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
39. The capital and largest city of Japan.
41. A row of unravelled stitches.
44. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
45. Leafless East Indian vine.
51. (psychology) An urge to withdraw or avoid a situation or an object.
52. Cause to go somewhere.
53. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
55. The act of scanning.
58. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
59. A large fleet.
61. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
63. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
64. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
67. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
69. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
71. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
72. A town in north central Oklahoma.
73. Offering fun and gaiety.
75. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
76. The fatty flesh of eel.
80. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.