1. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
4. Any plant of the genus Alocasia having large showy basal leaves and boat-shaped spathe and reddish berries.
12. Rare (usually fatal) brain disease (usually in middle age) caused by an unidentified slow virus.
15. Used of a single unit or thing.
16. (Italian cookery) Squid prepared as food.
17. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
18. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
19. Any elementary particle that interacts strongly with other particles.
20. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
21. East Indian tree widely cultivated in the tropics for its aromatic seed.
23. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
25. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
26. Mentally healthy.
27. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
28. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
30. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
32. (Irish) The sea personified.
33. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
39. Any character from an ancient Germanic alphabet used in Scandinavia from the 3rd century to the Middle Ages.
42. With respect to an axis.
43. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
46. A large number or amount.
47. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
51. Outermost layer of the pericarp of fruits as the skin of a peach or grape.
53. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
54. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
55. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
56. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
58. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
60. A mass of ice and snow that permanently covers a large area of land (e.g., the polar regions or a mountain peak).
62. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
66. A port city in southwestern Iran.
70. (used in combination) Having cheeks as specified.
71. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
74. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
75. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
76. Any of various plants of the genus Vernonia of tropical and warm regions of especially North America that take their name from their loose heads of purple to rose flowers that quickly take on a rusty hue.
79. A decree that prohibits something.
80. French writer whose novels described the sordid side of city life (1804-1857).
81. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
2. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
3. A United States youth subculture of the 1950s.
4. Small dry indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall.
5. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
6. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
7. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
8. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
9. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
10. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
11. Having help.
12. Wearing or provided with clothing.
13. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
14. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
22. Celebes megapode that lays eggs in holes in sandy beaches.
24. The second largest city in Tunisia.
29. (Welsh) Lord of Annwfn (the other world.
31. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
34. The cry made by sheep.
36. Fill with high spirits.
37. Wood of any of various alder trees.
38. An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal).
40. (Sumerian and Babylonian) A solar deity.
41. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
44. The boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary.
45. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
48. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
49. The type genus of the family Nymphaeaceae.
50. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
52. Any taillike structure.
57. A zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic.
59. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
61. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
63. Jordan's port.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
67. A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman.
68. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
69. Type genus of the Apidae.
72. A unit of pain intensity.
73. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
77. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
78. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.