1. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
5. Distinctive and stylish elegance.
12. A rapid bustling commotion.
15. Slightly open.
16. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
17. A boy or man.
18. Relating to or characteristic of Jainism.
19. American dwarf fan palms.
20. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
22. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
23. (informal) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman.
24. (Greek mythology) Immortal winged horse that sprang from the blood of the slain Medusa.
26. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
28. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
34. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
36. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
37. Highly concentrated or intense.
39. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
40. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
41. A small island.
43. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
44. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
46. A church associated with a monastery or convent.
49. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
50. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
51. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
53. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
54. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
56. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
60. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
63. Transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are blocked).
68. The willful and unlawful crippling or mutilation of another person.
71. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
72. A fabric woven with lisle thread.
75. Plot of land belonging to an English parish church or an ecclesiastical office.
76. A Russian river.
77. A shed containing a number of beehives.
79. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
80. An opening that permits escape or release.
81. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
82. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
2. A genus of Platalea.
3. A person who has died and has been declared a saint by canonization.
4. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
5. The basic unit of money in Uruguay.
6. Low spreading tropical American shrub with long slender leaves used to make a mildly stimulating drink resembling tea.
7. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
9. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
10. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
11. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
12. By bad luck.
13. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
14. The probability of a specified outcome.
21. Situated at or extending to the side.
25. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
27. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
29. An island republic in the west central Pacific just south of the equator.
30. A ballroom dance in triple time with a strong accent on the first beat.
31. A social unit living together.
32. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
33. The Mon-Khmer language spoken in Cambodia.
35. United States screenwriter and filmmaker (born in 1944).
38. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
42. A school for students intermediate between elementary school and college.
45. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
47. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
48. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
52. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
55. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
57. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
58. United States space station.
59. The sound of sheep or goats (or any sound resembling this) v 1.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
64. A large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies).
65. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
66. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
67. A native American tent.
69. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
70. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
73. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
74. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. A Loloish language.