1. Wild and domestic cattle.
4. Informing by words.
12. Tag the base runner to get him out.
15. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
16. In a cheerless manner.
17. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
18. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
19. (grammar) Of or relating to the aorist tense.
20. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
21. The side by side pairing of homologous maternal and paternal chromosomes at the start of meiosis.
23. Lower in esteem.
25. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
26. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
28. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
31. One million periods per second.
33. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
36. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
37. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
40. A state in the eastern United States.
42. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
43. Large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards with a spiny crest along the back.
45. A member of the Moslem dynasty that ruled India until 1857.
48. Either extremity of something that has length.
49. A B vitamin essential for the normal function of the nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract.
50. Garlic mayonnaise.
51. An informal term for a father.
53. Type genus of the Ranidae.
54. A distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
56. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
58. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
60. An ancient branch of the Semitic languages.
65. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
68. A pendent spear of ice formed by the freezing of dripping water.
69. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
70. (British) Your grandmother.
73. The quality of a color as determined by its dominant wavelength.
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
75. Poisoning by ingestion of ergot-infected grain products.
77. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
78. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
79. A sweet cake flavored with sesame or caraway seeds and lemon.
80. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
1. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
2. Be obedient to.
3. The act of scanning.
4. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
5. Not used in all classifications.
6. A beautiful and graceful girl.
7. The amount a salary is increased.
8. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
9. Type genus of the Sittidae.
10. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
11. Type genus of the Lycaenidae.
12. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
13. Affected manners intended to impress others.
14. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
22. In bed.
24. The cry made by sheep.
27. Capital and largest city of Cuba.
29. Skillful (or showing skill) in adapting means to ends.
30. Small tropical flea.
32. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
34. Battles in World War II in the Pacific (November 1943).
35. A particular environment or walk of life.
38. A family of languages spoken by people scattered throughout central India.
39. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
41. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
44. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
46. Relating to or near the ulna.
47. Comprising the lichens which grow symbiotically with algae.
52. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
55. The capital and largest city of Zimbabwe.
57. Usually elongate cluster of flowers along the main stem in which the flowers at the base open first.
59. An occasion for excessive eating or drinking.
61. Small area set off by walls for special use.
62. (Greek mythology) The rarified fluid said to flow in the veins of the Gods.
63. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
64. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
66. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
67. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
71. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
72. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
76. A doctor's degree in optometry.