1. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
4. Troubled persistently especially with petty annoyances.
12. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
15. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
16. Not friendly.
17. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
18. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
19. Propose as a candidate for some honor.
20. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
21. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
23. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
25. A user interface based on graphics (icons and pictures and menus) instead of text.
27. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
29. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
31. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
32. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
36. A person to whom money is paid.
40. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
42. Inflexibly entrenched and unchangeable.
45. A local computer network for communication between computers.
46. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
47. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
48. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
50. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
54. Not fake or counterfeit.
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
57. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
58. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
60. An enclosed space.
65. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
69. Pertaining to a simple method of cell division.
71. (informal) Roused to anger.
72. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
75. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
76. A master's degree in business.
77. Of such surpassing excellence as to suggest divine inspiration.
78. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
79. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
80. A member of a people of India living in Maharashtra.
81. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. (informal) Exceptionally good.
2. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
3. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
4. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
5. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
6. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
7. Any organic compound containing the group -CONH2.
8. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
9. Large shrimp sauteed in oil or butter and garlic.
10. Informal terms for a meal.
11. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
12. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
13. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
14. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
22. American poet (born in England) (1907-1973).
24. A city in east central Texas.
26. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
28. Fallow deer.
30. Covered with paving material.
33. Avatar of Vishnu.
34. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
35. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
37. A young person (especially a young man or boy).
38. Imperial moths.
39. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
43. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
44. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
49. A path set aside for walking.
51. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
52. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
53. A flat tortilla with various fillings piled on it.
56. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
59. An assertion of a right (as to money or property).
61. Measuring instrument consisting of a graduated glass tube used to measure or transfer precise volumes of a liquid by drawing the liquid up into the tube.
62. A city in central New York.
63. The basic unit of money in Yemen.
64. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
66. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
67. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
68. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
70. An area in a town where a public mercantile establishment is set up.
73. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
74. The month following March and preceding May.