1. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
4. Rank-smelling tropical American pigweed.
12. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. (military) Signal to wake up.
17. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
18. Not subjected to an aging process.
20. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
21. A virtually extinct Caucasian language spoken exclusively in Turkey.
22. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
25. A local computer network for communication between computers.
28. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
31. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
32. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
36. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
38. A white trivalent metallic element.
41. The sixth month of the civil year.
42. A shade of brown with a tinge of red.
45. The act of scanning.
49. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
50. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
51. German poet (born in Austria) whose imagery and mystic lyricism influenced 20-th century German literature (1875-1926).
52. Lower in esteem.
56. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
58. A public promotion of some product or service.
59. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
62. Term of address for a man.
63. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
65. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
68. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
71. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
72. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
76. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
77. A Russian river.
78. English lexicographer who was a joint editor of the Oxford English Dictionary (1872-1966).
79. A light touch or stroke.
80. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
81. 100 tambala equal 1 Kwacha.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The twelfth month of the civil year.
2. Type genus of the Ranidae.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. English architect who designed more than fifty London churches (1632-1723).
5. An unabridged dictionary constructed on historical principles.
6. A motorized wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.
7. Containing or constituting or characterized by pleasing melody.
8. A range of mountains (usually with jagged peaks and irregular outline).
9. Fill with high spirits.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
12. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
13. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
14. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
19. Soviet cosmonaut who in 1961 was the first person to travel in space (1934-1968).
23. Type genus of the Anatidae.
24. A state in midwestern United States.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
27. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
29. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
30. Type genus of the family Lepadidae.
33. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
34. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
35. (botany) Of some seeds.
37. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
43. A person who makes things.
44. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
46. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
47. Affected manners intended to impress others.
48. A British imperial capacity measure (liquid or dry) equal to 60 minims or 3.5516 cubic centimeters.
53. (informal) Exceptionally good.
54. Sharp piercing cry.
55. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
57. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
60. Having the head uncovered.
61. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
64. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
66. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
67. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
69. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
70. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
73. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
74. A trivial lie.
75. Seed of a pea plant.