1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. An ancient branch of the Semitic languages.
12. A master's degree in business.
15. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
16. Pasta in long slender flat strips.
17. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
18. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
19. Agile long-legged rabbit-sized rodent of Central and South America and West Indies.
20. (comparative of `bad') Inferior to another in quality or condition or desirability.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. Distant in either space or time.
29. Any of various amines (such as putrescine or cadaverine) formed by the action of putrefactive bacteria.
33. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
34. A farcical afterpiece in the ancient Roman theater.
35. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
39. A thrusting blow with a knife.
42. Presence of abnormal amounts of uric acid salts in the blood.
44. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
46. Possessing material wealth.
47. Standard time in the 7th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 105th meridian west.
48. Involving or constituting a cause.
50. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
52. A blind god.
55. People of the same race or nationality who share a distinctive culture.
56. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
57. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
60. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
61. Any of various herbaceous plants whose leaves or stems or flowers are cooked and used for food or seasoning.
64. A state in New England.
65. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
69. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
70. (sometimes followed by `to') Causing harm or injury.
73. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
74. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
77. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
78. A genetic disorder of metabolism.
79. City in central Iran.
80. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
5. The capital and largest city of Rwanda.
6. Be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information.
7. Largest known toad species.
8. Work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons.
9. Being one more than two.
10. An associate degree in nursing.
11. In accord with the most fashionable ideas or style.
12. Cuban poet and revolutionary who fought for Cuban independence from Spain (1853-1895).
13. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
14. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
21. A northeastern Iranian language spoken in Russia.
23. Relieve from military service.
25. An upstart who makes conceited, sardonic, insolent comments.
26. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
28. The vein in the center of a leaf.
30. Type genus of the Tetraonidae.
31. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
32. Cause to run.
36. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
37. Do wrongly or improperly.
38. A pair of people who live together.
40. Lie adjacent to another.
41. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
43. Ibis-headed moon deity.
45. A city in northwestern Somalia.
49. United States artist whose work reflected social and political themes (1898-1969).
51. The longest river of Asia.
53. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
54. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
58. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
59. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
62. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
63. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
66. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
67. The act of catching an object with the hands.
68. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
71. A unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
75. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
76. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.