1. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
4. Highly seasoned soup or stew made of freshwater fishes (eel, carp, perch) with wine and stock.
12. Former measure of the US economy.
15. A doctor's degree in education.
16. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
17. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
18. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
19. Open to change.
20. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
22. Jordan's port.
24. United States inventor who manufactured the first elevator with a safety device (1811-1861).
25. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
26. Little known Kamarupan languages.
28. Wild ox of the Malay Archipelago.
31. Nonmalignant tumor of connective tissue.
34. The character flaw or error of a tragic hero that leads to his downfall.
38. Highly excited.
40. The act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
41. Of someone who has not been married.
46. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. A pass between mountain peaks.
48. One skilled in caring for the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician).
50. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
52. Declare or acknowledge to be true.
53. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
54. A style that uses the abstruse technical vocabulary of the law.
57. The ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum.
62. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
67. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
68. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
69. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
71. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
72. Lacking in light.
75. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
76. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
77. Biennial or perennial herbs of north temperate regions.
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
2. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
3. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
4. The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A city in central Tanzania.
7. Expel, as of gases and odors.
8. In ancient Semitic folklore.
9. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
10. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
11. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
12. Offering fun and gaiety.
13. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
14. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
21. Sour or bitter in taste.
23. A boat with a flat bottom for carrying heavy loads (especially on canals).
27. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
29. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
30. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
32. Refuse to acknowledge.
33. Have legs that curve outward at the knees.
35. A person who gives private instruction (as in singing or acting).
36. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
37. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
39. A short composition for a solo instrument.
42. A conversation between two persons.
43. Squash bugs.
44. The universal time coordinated time when a transmission is sent from Earth to a spacecraft or other celestial body.
45. Goddess of fertility.
49. A small cake leavened with yeast.
51. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
55. A bet that you can pick the first and second finishers in the right order.
56. An anxiety disorder characterized by extreme and irrational fear of simple things or social situations.
58. Widely distributed low-growing Eurasian herb having narrow leaves and inconspicuous green flowers.
59. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
60. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
63. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
64. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
65. Informal terms for a meal.
66. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
70. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
73. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
74. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.