1. Lacking in light.
4. Gracefully slender.
11. About three feet long exclusive of tail.
15. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
16. A toroidal shape.
17. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
18. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
19. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
21. Aromatic root of ginseng plants.
23. Scandinavian liquor usually flavored with caraway seeds.
25. Speak in a nasal voice.
31. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a large number of instructions hard coded into the cpu chip.
35. A genus of Psittacidae.
37. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
38. An informal term for a father.
40. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
41. Used of a single unit or thing.
43. A bachelor's degree in science.
47. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
49. A tranquilizer (trade name Loxitane) used to treat schizophrenia.
51. A formal expression of praise.
53. An elderly unmarried woman.
54. Small genus of plants constituting the family Batidaceae.
57. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
58. 1 species.
61. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Nalfon) used in the treatment of arthritis and other painful inflammatory disorders.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
66. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
69. English monk and scholar (672-735).
70. Informal terms for a mother.
71. Plants having flowers in umbels.
73. A small drink of liquor.
74. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
75. Lying in or toward the east.
76. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. Do something that one considers to be below one's dignity.
2. A republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia.
3. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
4. A brief description given for purposes of identification.
5. Complacently or inanely foolish.
6. Cuddling and kissing.
7. A large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments).
8. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
9. Egyptian statesman who became president in 1981 after Sadat was assassinated (born in 1929).
10. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
11. Type genus of the Timaliidae.
12. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
13. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
14. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
20. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
22. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
27. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
28. A theory of strong interactions between elementary particles (including the interaction that binds protons and neutrons in the nucleus).
29. A town in northwest Illinois on the Mississippi River.
30. A baseball deliberately thrown at the batter's head.
32. Region of western Asia Minor colonized by Ancient Greeks.
33. The place where some action occurs.
34. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
36. Indicated by necessary connotation though not expressed directly.
39. A bachelor's degree in library science.
42. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
44. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
45. Large agile arboreal monkey with long limbs and tail and white upper eyelids.
46. A city is east central Sweden north northwest of Stockholm.
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
50. A city of central China.
52. Decorative evergreen shrubs of woody vines.
55. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
56. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
59. Very dark black.
60. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
62. Try to manage without help.
63. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
64. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
67. Water frozen in the solid state.
68. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
72. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.