1. Inflammation of the female pelvic organs (especially the Fallopian tubes) caused by infection by any of several microorganisms (chiefly gonococci and chlamydia).
4. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
11. An impudent or insolent rejoinder.
15. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
16. Belonging to some prior time.
17. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
18. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
19. Difficult or labored respiration.
20. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
21. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
23. (of the feet of some animals) Not webbed.
25. Made afraid.
27. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. A person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another.
29. Temporary living quarters.
33. (Akkadian) Father of the gods and consort of Tiamat.
38. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
40. The square of a body of any size of type.
41. Comprises tropical American species usually placed in genus Masdevallia.
44. A river in western Europe that rises in northern France and flows generally east into Belgium where it joins the Neuse at Namur.
46. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
49. Goat-like antelope of central Eurasia having a stubby nose like a proboscis.
50. A usually soluble substance for staining or coloring e.g. fabrics or hair.
51. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
53. The last few hours before death.
57. In a manner lacking interest or vitality.
58. A person who delivers a speech or oration.
61. A United Nations agency created by a multinational treaty to promote trade by the reduction of tariffs and import quotas.
63. An implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish.
65. Of or relating to the language of the Hebrews.
70. To run away.
71. A deciduous tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in the southeastern United States.
74. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
75. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
76. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
77. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
78. A Russian river.
79. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
80. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
1. A youth subculture closely associated with punk rock music in the late 1970s.
2. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
3. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
4. Having a body or a body of a specified kind.
5. One or some or every or all without specification.
6. English pianist (1890-1965).
7. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
8. Infinitely or immeasurably small.
9. Extreme mental retardation.
10. In the direction of the sea.
11. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
12. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
13. Having wisdom that comes with age and experience.
14. One of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects.
22. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
24. Military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine or exploit or reduce or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
26. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
30. Take in, also metaphorically.
31. Utter with a gurgling sound.
32. Not subject to change or variation especially in behavior.
34. Address God.
35. Same in identity.
36. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
37. The cry made by sheep.
39. Shaped and dried dough made from flour and water and sometimes egg.
42. Become or cause to become unobstructed.
43. A genus of Ploceidae.
45. Austrian composer (1860-1911).
48. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
52. Roman general who commanded the fleet that defeated the forces of Antony and Cleopatra at Actium (63-12 BC).
54. Having columns at one or both ends but not along the sides.
55. (Greek mythology) Goddess of wisdom and useful arts and prudent warfare.
56. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
59. German poet (born in Austria) whose imagery and mystic lyricism influenced 20-th century German literature (1875-1926).
60. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
62. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
64. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
66. A small cake leavened with yeast.
67. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
68. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
69. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
72. A rapid bustling commotion.
73. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.