1. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
4. (of a building) Having turrets and battlements in the style of a castle.
11. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. A pseudoscientific forerunner of chemistry in medieval times.
17. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. The rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written).
20. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
21. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
23. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
24. Type genus of the Danaidae.
26. The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
29. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
30. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
33. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
37. A game whose object is to form words from a group of randomly chosen letters.
40. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
41. The content of cognition.
43. A highly contagious viral disease characterized by fever and weakness and skin eruption with pustules that form scabs that slough off leaving scars.
44. Fallow deer.
46. Any high mountain.
47. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
48. A broad highway designed for high-speed traffic.
49. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
51. The capital and largest city of Kenya.
53. Escape, either physically or mentally.
54. A republic in northeastern South America on the Atlantic.
57. Provided with a frame.
58. Leafless East Indian vine.
60. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
61. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
62. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
63. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
68. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
69. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
71. An instinctive motive.
73. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
74. A member of the Shoshonean people of northeastern Arizona.
76. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
80. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
81. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
82. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
1. Cry plaintively.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
5. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
6. A firm open-weave fabric used for a curtain in the theater.
7. Informal terms for clothing.
8. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
9. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
10. Colored or impregnated with dye.
11. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
12. Any of various hard resins from trees of the family Dipterocarpaceae and of the genus Agathis.
13. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
14. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
22. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. Coelenterate genus of order Madreporaria, including staghorn corals.
28. An Anatolian language.
31. Squash bugs.
32. A fortified military post where troops are stationed.
34. God of love and erotic desire.
35. Be false to.
36. No longer active or practicing.
38. (law) A defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question.
39. An attribute that fits a person for something.
42. An item of factual information derived from measurement or research.
45. South American cavy.
50. A tricyclic antidepressant drug (trade name Elavil) with serious side effects.
52. A Balkan republic in southeastern Europe.
55. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
56. The vein in the center of a leaf.
59. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
64. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
65. Immediately past.
66. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
67. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
70. An accountant certified by the state.
72. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
75. A radioactive metallic element that is similar to tellurium and bismuth.
77. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.