1. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
4. Inflammation of a breast (or udder).
12. An awkward and inexperienced youth.
15. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
16. Mature fruiting body of an ascomycetous fungus.
17. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
18. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
19. Someone waiting in concealment.
20. State in northeastern India.
22. Of or relating to a spectrum.
24. A Loloish language.
25. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
28. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
30. The act of moving along swiftly (as before a gale).
32. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
36. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
37. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
39. An associate degree in nursing.
40. A mountain in the Andes in Argentina (22,047 feet high).
41. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
44. Ludicrously odd.
47. A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely.
48. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. At or constituting a border or edge.
50. Being one more than one hundred.
52. A genus of Pyralidae.
54. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
56. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
57. Make uniform.
65. Seeming unaffected by pleasure or pain.
69. Seed again or anew.
70. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
74. A master's degree in business.
75. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
76. A sudden violent spontaneous occurrence of an undesirable condition.
78. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
79. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
80. A long slender cigar.
81. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
2. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
3. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
4. A thick black tar intermediate between petroleum and asphalt.
5. Earlier a god.
6. Leave immediately.
7. United States writer remembered as the secretary and companion of Gertrude Stein (1877-1967).
8. Water frozen in the solid state.
9. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
10. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
11. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
12. The quantity a cask will hold.
13. A state in the western United States.
14. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
21. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
23. Type genus of the Caviidae.
26. Singing jazz.
27. A bachelor's degree in religion.
29. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
31. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
33. Lean end of the neck.
34. A crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement.
35. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
38. A flexible container with a single opening.
42. Similar to the color of jade.
43. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
45. A desert in southern Israel.
46. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
51. United States screenwriter and filmmaker (born in 1944).
53. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
55. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
58. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
59. The wife of a sheik.
60. Tree of the West Indies and northern South America bearing succulent edible orange-sized fruit.
61. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
62. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
66. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
67. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
68. A farm building for housing poultry.
71. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
72. The products of human creativity.
73. Towards the side away from the wind.
77. A state in east central United States.