1. (British) Your grandmother.
4. A leukocyte with basophilic granules easily stained by basic stains.
12. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
15. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
16. A mining town in southern Wales.
17. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
18. Capable of or suitable for being played or played on.
20. A compound derived from ammonia by replacing hydrogen atoms by univalent hydrocarbon radicals.
22. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
23. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
26. Little known Kamarupan languages.
27. A covered passageway.
29. Great coolness and composure under strain.
31. A square dance figure.
34. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
36. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
39. A city in central Japan on southern Honshu.
43. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
44. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
46. Lower the grade of something.
47. A pen that has a small metal ball as the point of transfer of ink to paper.
49. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
51. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
52. Not open.
54. Something or someone that causes anxiety.
58. A night flight from which the passengers emerge with eyes red from lack of sleep.
60. Echo repeatedly, echo again and again.
61. A state in northwestern North America.
65. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
68. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
70. A branch of the Tai languages.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
72. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
76. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
77. An antineoplastic drug used to treat certain malignancies.
79. A light touch or stroke.
80. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
81. A man skilled in equitation.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. A bachelor's degree in library science.
3. The Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
6. A city in central Alabama on the Alabama river.
7. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
8. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
9. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
10. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
11. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
12. Small South American spiny tree with dark crimson and scarlet flowers solitary or clustered.
13. Toxin secreted by animals (by certain snakes and poisonous insects (e.g., spiders and scorpions)).
14. Sour or bitter in taste.
19. Not only so, but.
21. A constitutional monarchy in southeastern Asia on Borneo and the Malay Peninsula.
24. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
25. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
28. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. A Chinese breed of small short-legged dogs with a long silky coat and broad flat muzzle.
32. A poisonous colorless flammable gas used in organic synthesis and to dope transistors and as a poison gas in warfare.
33. Flesh of young Atlantic cod weighing up to 2 pounds.
35. Chinese tree cultivated especially in Philippines and India for its edible fruit.
37. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
38. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
40. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
41. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
42. Belonging to some prior time.
45. The recipient of funds or other benefits.
48. A drama set to music.
50. Any salt or ester of chromic acid.
53. A small vessel with a rim curved to fit the orbit of the eye.
55. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
56. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
57. Lower in esteem.
59. A tower with a light that gives warning of shoals to passing ships.
62. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. Jordan's port.
66. A city in northern India.
67. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
69. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
73. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
74. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
75. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
78. An informal term for a father.