1. The unit of frequency.
4. An unceremonious and disorganized struggle.
12. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
15. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
16. An orange-red crystalline compound used in making red pigments and in dyeing.
17. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
18. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
19. An adulterous woman.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
21. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
23. In actual fact.
25. A desert in southern Israel.
26. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
28. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
29. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
30. The emotion of hate.
34. Indonesian wild pig with enormous curved canine teeth.
39. A black colloidal substance consisting wholly or principally of amorphous carbon and used to make pigments and ink.
41. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
42. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
45. Capable of being scaled.
48. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
50. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
51. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
52. A stronghold into which people could go for shelter during a battle.
54. Rich Middle Eastern cake made of thin layers of flaky pastry filled with nuts and honey.
57. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
58. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
61. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
63. Trade name for an oral contraceptive containing mestranol and a progestin compound.
65. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
67. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
71. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
72. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
76. A small piece of cloth.
77. Not in action or at work.
78. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
80. A condition requiring relief.
81. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
82. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Small room on a ship or boat where people sleep.
2. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
3. Lean end of the neck.
4. A metal urn with a spigot at the base.
5. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
6. A genus of Laridae.
7. An antiviral drug used in the treatment of AIDS.
8. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
9. German dramatist and poet who developed a style of epic theater (1898-1956).
10. A database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics).
11. Issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.).
12. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
13. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
14. Turned or twisted toward one side.
22. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
24. A bottomless gulf or pit.
27. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
31. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
32. Any of several small auks of north Pacific coasts.
33. Necessary foods or commodities.
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
36. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
37. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
38. A white powder with a pleasant taste and odor.
40. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
43. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
44. Of or relating to or resembling the eye.
46. Bearing or marked with a label or tag.
47. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
49. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
53. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
56. Having the properties of glue.
59. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
60. A fine (often starched) net used for veils or tutus or gowns.
62. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
64. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
66. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
68. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
69. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
70. A city in northern India.
73. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
74. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.