1. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
4. The condition of having no arms.
12. A form of address for a married woman.
15. Towards the side away from the wind.
16. A member of a Kannada-speaking group of people living chiefly in Kanara in southern India.
17. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
18. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
20. Relating to or derived from the sun or utilizing the energies of the sun.
21. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
22. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
24. A serving of drink (usually alcoholic).
26. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
28. Tree of low-lying coastal areas of southeastern United States having glossy leaves and racemes of fragrant white flowers.
29. Someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals).
32. Coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude.
36. Of or relating to or characteristic of Israel or its people.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
40. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. An extraordinary writ commanding an official to perform a ministerial act that the law recognizes as an absolute duty and not a matter for the official's discretion.
44. A member of an Athapaskan people that migrated to Arizona and New Mexico and Utah.
46. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
47. Money in the form of bills or coins.
48. Used of a single unit or thing.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
51. A three-year law degree.
53. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
55. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
58. Cut the head of.
60. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
64. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
65. The striking of one body against another.
66. Aroused or activated.
72. Tasting sour like a lemon.
73. 1 species.
76. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
77. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
78. Sharpness of vision.
79. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
80. Having or showing a tender and considerate and helpful nature.
81. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
82. Young of domestic cattle.
1. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
2. A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman.
3. (archaic) A fitting reward.
4. The academic world.
5. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
6. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
7. An associate degree in applied science.
8. The yield from plants in a single growing season.
9. (medieval Europe) A person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord.
10. Old World genus of annual to perennial herbs.
11. Expose to fresh air, as of old clothing.
12. A member of a rural Finnish people living in eastern Russia.
13. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
14. The act of scanning.
19. A town in northern Egypt.
23. An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action.
25. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
27. The basic unit of money in Panama.
30. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
31. Have a craving, appetite, or great desire for.
33. The ohmic resistance of a conductor.
34. The state that precedes vomiting.
35. Shaped like a dish.
37. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
38. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
43. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
45. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
50. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
52. A beckoning gesture.
54. Having winglike extensions.
56. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
57. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
59. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
61. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
62. A garment of cloth or leather or plastic that is tied about the waist and worn to protect your clothing.
63. (Greek mythology) A Titan who was forced by Zeus to bear the sky on his shoulders.
67. A unit of power equal to 1 joule per second.
68. Make amends for.
69. A quantity of no importance.
70. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
71. (British colloquialism) An excavation.
74. (informal) Of the highest quality.
75. A partially opened flower.