1. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
4. Sect of Orthodox Jews who follow the Mosaic Law strictly.
12. An open box attached to a long pole handle.
15. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
16. A woman's drawstring handbag.
17. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
18. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
19. Someone who regulates the tone of organ pipes.
20. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
22. Differing from a norm or standard.
24. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
25. Displeasing to the senses and morally revolting.
26. Standard time in the 5th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 75th meridian.
27. Perversely irritable.
30. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
32. A very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal).
33. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
37. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
39. Towards the side away from the wind.
40. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
41. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
42. Young of domestic cattle.
44. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
46. A republic in central Europe.
47. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
48. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
52. Antacid (trade name Prilosec) that suppresses acid secretion in the stomach.
56. Turn up, loosen, or remove earth.
57. Tag the base runner to get him out.
58. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
61. Turn sharply.
62. The time of day immediately following sunset.
64. Type genus of the Gavialidae.
66. A person who participates in a meeting.
69. The branch of information science that deals with natural language information.
72. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
73. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
74. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
78. Fiddler crabs.
79. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
81. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
82. (informal) Roused to anger.
83. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
84. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
1. A master's degree in religion.
2. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
3. A tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction.
4. A republic in the western Balkans in south-central Europe in the eastern Adriatic coastal area.
5. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
6. Sewing consisting of a link or loop or knot made by drawing a threaded needle through a fabric.
7. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
8. A steep part of a glacier resembling a frozen waterfall.
9. Existing for a long time.
10. Being nine more than forty.
11. A master's degree in education.
12. Scottish writer of rustic verse (1770-1835).
13. Using speech rather than writing.
14. Declare untrue.
21. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
23. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
28. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
29. English monk and scholar (672-735).
31. 100 aurar equal 1 krona.
34. British colonial administrator who founded Singapore (1781-1826).
35. Reach a destination.
36. Someone who can use sign language to communicate.
38. By bad luck.
43. Feed, care for, and rear young birds for flight.
45. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
49. Widely distributed family of carnivorous percoid fishes having a large air bladder used to produce sound.
50. An employee of a railroad.
51. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
53. In place of, or as an alternative to.
54. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
55. A Russian river.
59. A motorized wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.
60. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
63. A city in central New York.
65. A long-playing phonograph record.
67. Type genus of the Nepidae.
68. Relatively deep or strong.
70. A small cake leavened with yeast.
71. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
75. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
76. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
77. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
80. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.