1. A periodic paperback publication.
4. To break off a military action with an enemy.
12. Payment due by the recipient on delivery.
15. A transuranic element.
16. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
17. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
18. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
19. Flightless birds having flat breastbones lacking a keel for attachment of flight muscles.
20. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
22. Roman Catholic theologian (1585-1638).
24. Giving advice.
26. A hard blow with a flat object.
28. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
29. A state in New England.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
32. The sixth month of the civil year.
36. A hot glowing or smouldering fragment of wood or coal left from a fire.
39. A fertile tract in a desert (where the water table approaches the surface).
41. A mound of stones piled up as a memorial or to mark a boundary or path.
42. A stupid foolish person.
45. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
48. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
50. Letter carrier's shoulder bag.
54. Wild ginger.
56. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
59. Capital of the state of Montana.
60. The capital of Croatia.
63. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
65. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
66. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
67. Small moths whose larvae spin silken tunnels and feed on stored food products.
72. An isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time.
74. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
75. An arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line.
76. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
78. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
79. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
80. A great raja.
81. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
2. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
3. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
4. Warn in advance or beforehand.
5. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
6. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
7. Being six more than fifty.
8. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
9. Apathy and inactivity in the practice of virtue (personified as one of the deadly sins).
10. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
11. Brightly colored venomous but nonaggressive snake of southeastern Asia and Malay peninsula.
12. Joyful religious song celebrating the birth of Christ.
13. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
14. Declare untrue.
21. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
23. Complete and without restriction or qualification.
25. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
27. A member of a North American Indian people of southeastern California and northwestern Mexico.
30. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
33. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
34. A member of a North American Indian people living in the Sacramento valley in California.
35. Respiratory disorder characterized by wheezing.
37. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
38. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
40. A fixed look with eyes open wide v 1.
43. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
44. Not only so, but.
47. Biennial or perennial herbs of north temperate regions.
49. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
51. A deep pulsating type of pain.
52. Perennial herb of North America.
53. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
55. One species.
57. Being nine more than forty.
58. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
61. Malicious burning to destroy property.
62. The sound of growling (as made by animals).
64. A drama set to music.
68. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
69. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
70. The content of cognition.
71. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
73. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
77. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.