1. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
4. Scale insects.
12. Give a nickname to.
15. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
16. Consisting of or covered with oil.
17. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
18. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
19. (medicine) Of or relating to abnormal neuromuscular activity characterized by rapidly alternating muscle contraction and relaxation.
20. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
22. Tree of the West Indies and northern South America bearing succulent edible orange-sized fruit.
24. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
25. A Loloish language.
28. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A member of a North American Indian people of the Klamath river valley in northern California.
36. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
37. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
40. Type genus of the Ranidae.
41. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
42. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
45. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
46. An informal term for a father.
48. (especially of promises or contracts) Not violated or disregarded.
50. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
51. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
54. The condition of having no arms.
56. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
57. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
59. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
60. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
62. (informal) Of the highest quality.
64. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
71. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
72. Any of several plants of the genus Achillea native to Europe and having small white flowers in flat-topped flower heads.
74. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
75. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
78. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
79. Used of a single unit or thing.
80. Loss of hair (especially on the head) or wool or feathers.
81. Towards the side away from the wind.
1. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
2. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
3. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
4. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
5. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
6. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
7. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
8. The craniometric point that is the most prominent point at the back of the head (at the occipital protuberance).
9. A period of 10 years.
10. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
11. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
12. A piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments.
13. A state in the western United States.
14. Common Indian weaverbird.
21. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
23. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
26. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
27. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
29. The capital and largest city of Zimbabwe.
30. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
33. Farm consisting of a large tract of land along with facilities needed to raise livestock (especially cattle).
34. Genus of European subshrubs or herbs having pink or purple or yellow solitary or clustered flowers.
35. A resident of Kansas.
38. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
39. An island (part of Campania) in the Bay of Naples in southern Italy.
43. The sister of your father or mother.
44. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
49. Freetail bats.
52. Argentine soldier who became president of Argentina (1895-1974).
53. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
55. Of or like a cecum.
58. A state in north central United States.
61. Lower in esteem.
63. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
65. A primeval personification of air and breath.
66. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
67. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
68. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
69. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
70. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
73. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
76. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
77. A long-playing phonograph record.