1. A wine bottle made of leather.
5. Not capable of being swayed or diverted from a course.
12. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
15. (Norse mythology) The primeval giant slain by Odin and his brothers and from whose body they created the world.
16. A clergyman.
17. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
18. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
19. A person who fights duels.
20. A young woman making her debut into society.
21. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
23. Being ten more than one hundred thirty.
24. Roman emperor and adoptive son of Nerva.
26. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
28. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
30. The income arising from land or other property.
31. German publisher of a series of travel guidebooks (1801-1859).
35. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
39. A person who evokes boredom.
40. Cheese containing a blue mold.
43. By bad luck.
44. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
47. Pertaining to one of the small sacs (as in a compound gland).
50. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
51. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
52. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
53. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
54. Wood of a sumac.
57. Informal terms for a mother.
59. An associate degree in nursing.
60. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
62. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
67. An awkward stupid person.
70. One or some or every or all without specification.
73. Having the head uncovered.
75. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
76. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
78. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
79. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
80. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
81. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
1. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. Mongolian ruler of Samarkand who led his nomadic hordes to conquer an area from Turkey to Mongolia (1336-1405).
4. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
5. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
6. A small syringe with detachable nozzles.
7. A stock exchange in New York.
8. A unit of atmospheric pressure equal to one thousandth of a bar.
9. Black tropical American cuckoo.
10. Drawn or pressed close to someone or something for or as if for affection or protection.
11. The cardinal number that is the sum of three and one.
12. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
13. The content of cognition.
14. The compass point that is one point north of northeast.
22. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
25. Pertaining to or resembling amoebae.
27. A state in northwestern North America.
29. Durable fragrant wood.
32. Capital of Micronesia.
33. An implement used to erase something.
34. Seed again or anew.
36. Marked by casual disrespect.
37. Of or relating to punishment.
38. Found along western Atlantic coast.
41. Not having been read.
42. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
45. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
46. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
48. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
49. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
55. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
56. Having two faces or fronts.
58. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
61. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
63. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
64. A city in northwestern Syria.
65. The closing section of a musical composition.
66. A town in north central Oklahoma.
68. (Greek mythology) The goddess of youth and spring.
69. At or constituting a border or edge.
71. An accountant certified by the state.
72. A local computer network for communication between computers.
74. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
77. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.