1. A light touch or stroke.
4. Firmly closed or secured.
12. The sign language used in the United States.
15. A doctor's degree in education.
16. Dependent on chance.
17. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
19. A flexible strip (wood or rubber) used in drawing curved lines.
20. Given or having a specified name.
22. A person to whom legal title to property is entrusted to use for another's benefit.
25. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
26. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
27. A distinctive odor that is offensively unpleasant.
29. A lake in northwestern Russia.
31. Correspond in vowel sounds.
33. Coins collectively.
36. A sloping mass of rocks at the base of a cliff.
37. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
38. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
39. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
40. A member of the working class (not necessarily employed).
44. A soft yellowish-white trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
45. The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit.
47. A chock or bar wedged under a wheel or between the spokes to prevent a vehicle from rolling down an incline.
52. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
54. Squash bugs.
55. A resin used in adhesives and paints.
56. A person of Polish descent.
58. Perennial mountain rice native to Mediterranean region and introduced into North America.
60. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
62. A skullcap worn by religious Jews (especially at prayer).
66. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
68. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
69. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
71. In truth (often tends to intensify).
72. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
74. Cover with ice or snow or a glacier.
77. A master's degree in business.
78. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
79. Type genus of the Gavialidae.
80. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
81. The cry made by sheep.
82. The property characteristic of old age.
83. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The state of owing money.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. A bachelor's degree in religion.
4. A person who fastens or makes fast.
5. A town in northern Michigan on an arm of Lake Huron.
6. Of superior grade.
7. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
8. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
9. Of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind.
10. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. Characterized by action or forcefulness or force of personality.
12. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
13. Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect.
14. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
21. A particular environment or walk of life.
23. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
24. Small porch or set of steps at the front entrance of a house.
28. Old World woody vines.
30. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
32. Caught in European waters.
34. A member of a nomadic people originating in northern India and now living on all continents.
35. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
41. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
42. A nurse who has enough training to be licensed by a state to provide routine care for the sick.
43. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
46. A set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together.
48. An inhabitant of ancient Assyria.
49. Steadiness of mind under stress.
50. Using the voice.
51. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
53. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
57. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
59. Inflammation of the iris.
61. An upward movement (especially a rhythmical rising and falling).
63. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
67. A small cake leavened with yeast.
70. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
73. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
75. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
76. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.