1. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
4. Of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen.
11. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
15. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
16. Release or vent, as of emotions and reactions.
17. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. Someone who has won first place in a competition.
20. Of or relating to Iraq or its people or culture.
21. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
22. (zoology) Relating to or belonging to or characteristic of any worms of the phylum Annelida.
24. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
26. An arrangement of points or particles or objects in a regular periodic pattern in 2 or 3 dimensions.
29. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
30. Squash bugs.
33. Moving quickly and lightly.
39. Lacking in light.
41. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
43. A genus of Psittacidae.
46. The residue that remains when something is burned.
47. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
48. A desert in southern Israel.
51. Pertaining to loss of hair or wool or feathers.
54. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
55. In or of the next month after the present.
58. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
62. An early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940).
65. Enjoying or affording comforting warmth and shelter especially in a small space.
66. A branch of the Tai languages.
67. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
68. Hardy evergreen dioecious shrubs and small trees from Japan.
72. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
73. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
75. A light touch or stroke.
76. An associate degree in applied science.
77. A mountain peak in south central Sri Lanka (7,360 feet high).
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Of or like a cecum.
2. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
3. Less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so.
4. Resembling the shape of a cup.
5. In operation or operational.
6. Leave or strike out, as of vowels.
7. (Irish) The sea personified.
8. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
9. Inquire about.
10. The cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100.
11. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
12. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
13. Produced by a manufacturing process.
14. A European river.
19. Containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal.
23. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
25. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
27. Covered with paving material.
28. Physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression).
31. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
32. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
34. The 3rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
35. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
36. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
37. Being one more than one.
38. God of death.
40. An associate degree in nursing.
42. Witty language used to convey insults or scorn.
44. United States comedian.
45. Bridge formed by the upper level of a crossing of two highways at different levels.
49. A needle-like part or structure of a plant or animal or crystal.
50. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
52. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
53. Denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten.
56. Antipsychotic drug (trade name Moban) used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
57. United States conductor (born in Japan in 1935).
59. English monk and scholar (672-735).
60. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
61. Jordan's port.
63. English essayist (1775-1834).
64. South African term for `boss'.
69. Fiddler crabs.
70. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
74. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.