1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. Coelenterate genus of order Madreporaria, including staghorn corals.
12. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
15. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
16. The upper part of a column that supports the entablature.
17. An accountant certified by the state.
18. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
19. Small gnawing animals.
20. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
21. Aspirin coated with a substance capable of neutralizing acid (trade name Bufferin).
23. A public promotion of some product or service.
25. One who attacks the reputation of another by slander or libel.
27. A state in north central United States.
29. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
34. Talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions.
36. Type genus of the Sulidae.
38. A member of the Pueblo people living in northern New Mexico.
39. Characterized by or producing sound of great volume or intensity.
40. A book of the New Testament.
42. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
43. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
45. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
47. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
48. Related to or infested with of transmitting parasitic worms especially filaria.
52. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
54. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
55. A parliamentary monarchy in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.
58. Includes some plants usually placed in e.g. genus Dicksonia.
59. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
63. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
66. Not restrained or controlled.
68. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
69. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
71. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
72. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
74. A river in the east central United States.
76. A local computer network for communication between computers.
77. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
78. A feeling of anger caused by being offended.
79. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Loose or flaccid body fat.
2. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
3. At or near or toward the stern of a ship or tail of an airplane.
4. An area of ground used for some particular purpose (such as building or farming).
5. Comprises true vertebrates and animals having a notochord.
6. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
7. (of mines and mining) Worked from the exposed surface.
8. A piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment.
9. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
10. Scottish philosopher of common sense who opposed the ideas of David Hume (1710-1796).
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
22. Intentional deception resulting in injury to another person.
24. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
26. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
28. Any fern of the genus Doodia having pinnate fronds with sharply dentate pinnae.
30. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
31. Found along western Atlantic coast.
32. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
33. A city in western Germany.
35. Suppress or crush completely.
37. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
41. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
44. Any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc..
46. Speak out against.
49. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
50. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (20,870 feet high).
51. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
53. An oil port in southern Iraq.
56. The feeling of distress and disbelief that you have when something bad happens accidentally.
57. A republic on the Isthmus of Panama.
60. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
62. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
64. By bad luck.
65. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
67. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
70. (Australian and New Zealand) A disparaging term for English immigrants to Australia or New Zealand.
73. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
75. A metallic element of the rare earth group.