1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
5. Firmly fastened or secured against opening.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
16. An ancient jar with two handles and a narrow neck.
17. A unit of pain intensity.
18. Lacking excess flesh.
19. Characterized by action or forcefulness or force of personality.
20. Cleaning implement consisting of absorbent material fastened to a handle.
21. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
22. Marked by intense agitation or emotion.
24. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
25. Little known Kamarupan languages.
27. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
28. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. A quantity of no importance.
33. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
37. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
40. A loose cloak with a hood.
44. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
45. A collection of resources.
48. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
49. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
50. Chief port of Yemen.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. Very close in friendship or affection.
55. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
57. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
60. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
61. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
62. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
64. Being six more than ninety.
69. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
71. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
72. Informal terms for a mother.
73. Absence of the pupil in an eye.
75. Type genus of the Hylidae.
76. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
77. Gasoline jelled with aluminum soaps.
78. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
1. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
2. Widely cultivated in tropical and subtropical regions for its fragrant flowers and colorful fruits.
3. Jordan's port.
4. Covered with dense cottony hairs or hairlike filaments.
5. A boy or man.
6. An almond-shaped neural structure in the anterior part of the temporal lobe of the cerebrum.
7. Administration of a nutritionally adequate solution through a catheter into the vena cava.
8. Material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds.
9. Industrial city of Belarus southeast of Minsk.
10. Capital of Armenia.
11. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
12. The supreme commander of a fleet.
13. Web-footed long-necked typically gregarious migratory aquatic birds usually larger and less aquatic than ducks.
14. First in order of importance.
23. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
26. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
29. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
30. Characteristic of a baby.
32. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
34. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
35. A gathering of passengers sufficient to fill an automobile.
36. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
38. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
39. A noisy riotous fight.
41. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
42. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
43. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
46. Chop cut from a lamb.
47. A person employed to watch for something to happen.
52. A simple type of jet engine.
54. A city of southeastern Mexico.
56. A New England state.
58. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
59. A major biotic community characterized by the dominant forms of plant life and the prevailing climate.
63. By bad luck.
65. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
66. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
67. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
68. A large quantity of written matter.
70. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
74. Before noon.