1. The unit of frequency.
4. A plaster containing powdered black mustard.
12. (informal) Of very poor quality.
15. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
16. Lack of strength or vigor esp from illness.
17. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
18. A master's degree in business.
19. The amount of cargo that can be held by a boat or ship or a freight car.
20. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
21. A genus of Ploceidae.
23. A Nilotic language.
24. An antibiotic (trade name Nebcin) that is especially effective against gram-negative bacteria.
28. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
29. Constituting the full quantity or extent.
33. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
34. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
35. Put (things or places) in order.
36. A New England state.
37. Make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose.
41. Type genus of the family Aplysiidae.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. American novelist (1909-1955).
47. The 23rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
48. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
50. Small arctic whale the male having a long spiral ivory tusk.
51. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
53. Highly excited.
54. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
55. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
58. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
60. (Greek mythology) Greek goddess of the night.
61. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
63. An associate degree in applied science.
65. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
69. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
75. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
76. The capital of Eritrea.
80. In or of the month preceding the present one.
81. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
83. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
84. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
85. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
86. A slight amount or degree of difference.
1. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
2. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
5. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
6. City in Sudan.
7. (Babylonian) Consort of Anu.
8. Smaller than Florida pompano.
9. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
10. A city of central China.
11. A Brazilian river.
12. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
13. Not set afire or burning.
14. A state in New England.
22. Any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force.
25. An awl for making small holes for brads or small screws.
26. Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
30. Of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture.
31. Analgesic drug (trade name Talwin) that is less addictive than morphine.
32. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
38. The ninth month of the Hindu calendar.
39. Having or as if having especially high-pitched spots.
40. A character printer connected to a telegraph that operates like a typewriter.
42. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
44. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
45. A motley assortment of things.
49. Any of various long-legged carrion-eating hawks of South and Central America.
52. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
56. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
57. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
59. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
62. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
64. An enclosed space.
66. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
67. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
68. A short labored intake of breath with the mouth open.
70. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
72. Any of various small biting flies.
73. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
74. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
77. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
78. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
79. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
82. Being nine more than ninety.