1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. A windlass rotated in a horizontal plane.
11. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
15. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
16. French philosopher and theologian.
17. A fleshy fruit (apple or pear or related fruits) having seed chambers and an outer fleshy part.
18. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
19. An official at a baseball game.
21. A United States youth subculture of the 1950s.
23. Used of locations.
25. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
26. Suggestive of the supernatural.
27. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
29. Someone who rouses others from sleep.
35. Of or relating to located near the iris of the eye.
38. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
40. A musical stringed instrument with strings stretch over a flat sounding box.
41. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
43. (Old Testament) The wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac.
44. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
45. Elevated open grassland in southern Africa.
47. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
48. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
51. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
52. At any time.
53. Headlight that provides strong beam for use in foggy weather.
56. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
57. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
58. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
60. Type genus of the Anatidae.
63. Reprehensible acquisitiveness.
66. Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells.
70. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
71. A city in southwestern Poland on the Oder.
74. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
75. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
76. Italian composer remembered for his operas (1792-1868).
77. On or toward the lee.
78. Used of a single unit or thing.
79. Of or relating to the enteron.
80. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
3. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
4. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
5. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
6. Pepsi Cola is a trademarked cola.
7. A share of something.
8. Any of several weedy vetches grown for forage.
9. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
10. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. An accountant certified by the state.
12. (voodooism) A spirit or supernatural force that reanimates a dead body.
13. Type genus of the Amiidae.
14. Having been read.
20. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
22. The kind and number and arrangement of teeth (collectively) in a person or animal.
24. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
28. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
30. (music) A short recitative that is melodic but is not an aria.
31. A knapsack (usually for a soldier).
32. A narrative song with a recurrent refrain.
33. Painful from having the skin abraded.
34. Be compatible or in accordance with.
36. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
37. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
39. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
42. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
46. Characterized by absence of emotional agitation.
49. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
50. A degree or grade of excellence or worth.
54. A married woman (usually middle-aged with children) who is staid and dignified.
55. A clergyman in many Christian churches who has the authority to perform or administer various religious rites.
59. A shot in billiards made by hitting the cue ball with the cue held nearly vertically.
61. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
62. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
64. Characteristic of false pride.
65. A French abbot.
67. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
68. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
69. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
72. (Irish) The sea personified.
73. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.