1. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
5. To put down by force or authority.
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
15. A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles.
16. Any tumor derived from cells of the nervous system.
17. Nonresinous wood of a fir tree.
18. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
19. Of or relating to a coast.
20. Being six more than fifty.
21. Type genus of the Blattidae.
23. Of or relating to the ancient Aramaic languages.
25. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
28. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
29. Wild ox of the Malay Archipelago.
31. A device that controls amount of light admitted.
33. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. A state in New England.
40. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
44. Relating to or having or hearing with two ears.
48. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
50. Flightless birds having flat breastbones lacking a keel for attachment of flight muscles.
51. A long chair.
55. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
57. Being nine more than ninety.
58. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
60. Being one more than one hundred.
61. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
67. The airforce of Great Britain.
69. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
71. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
72. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
73. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
75. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
76. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
77. The academic world.
78. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A pause during which things are calm or activities are diminished.
3. A department of Greece in the central Peloponnese.
4. Any of several trees of the genus Platanus having thin pale bark that scales off in small plates and lobed leaves and ball-shaped heads of fruits.
5. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
6. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
7. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
8. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
9. A wine bottle made of leather.
10. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
11. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
12. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
13. Of or relating or belonging to a city.
14. Any plant of the genus Erica.
22. Of or relating to the palm of the hand or to the area at the base of the thumb.
24. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
26. Small wooden bat with a flat surface.
27. A young woman making her debut into society.
30. A vehicle mounted on runners and pulled by horses or dogs.
32. A sudden short attack.
35. (combining form) Indicating the first or earliest or original.
36. Of time long past.
38. Hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum.
39. Indigo bush.
41. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
42. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
43. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
45. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
47. Tranquilizer (trade name Ativan) used to treat anxiety and tension and insomnia.
52. A derogatory term used by Jews to refer to non-Jewish women.
53. A short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms.
54. Remove offensive capability from.
56. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
59. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
62. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
63. A small cake leavened with yeast.
64. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
65. A primeval personification of air and breath.
66. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
68. At a great distance in time or space or degree.
70. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
74. Being one more than one.