1. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
4. A jumble of things to be given away.
11. A city in east central Texas.
15. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
16. Lacking fresh air.
17. Toward the mouth or oral region.
18. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
19. Small fatty fish usually canned.
20. Of a quality, as in.
21. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
23. A penicillinase-resistant form of penicillin (trade name Nafcil) used (usually in the form of its sodium salt) to treat infections caused by penicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci.
25. Antipsychotic drug (trade name Moban) used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
28. American pioneer photographer famous for his portraits.
29. Bony flesh of herring-like fish usually caught during their migration to fresh water for spawning.
32. Capital and largest city of Bulgaria located in western Bulgaria.
34. Hoop that covers a wheel.
36. A mound of fatty tissue covering the pubic area in women.
40. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
43. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
44. Long-legged spotted cat of Africa and southwestern Asia having nonretractile claws.
46. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. Cheese containing a blue mold.
51. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
52. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
53. Divulge information or secrets.
56. A dark brown to greenish oleoresin that has a fragrant odor and is used as a fixative in perfumes.
59. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
60. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
62. Ruffed grouse.
65. Italian chemist noted for work on polymers (1903-1979).
69. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
70. Of or relating to a hair.
71. Affect with wonder.
72. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
75. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
76. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
77. A great raja.
78. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
1. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. A deceptive maneuver (especially to avoid capture).
5. Take away the weapons from.
6. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
7. Used in combination to denote the middle.
8. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
9. (British) Informal term for information.
10. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
11. A heavy gray-white metallic element.
12. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
13. Any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles.
14. In a manner differing from the usual or expected.
22. English monk and scholar (672-735).
24. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
26. Make numb or insensitive.
27. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
30. Advanced in complexity or elaboration.
31. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
33. Tropical American tree with large peltate leaves and hollow stems.
35. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
37. An Oscan-speaking member of an ancient people of Campania.
38. Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule.
39. Water at boiling temperature diffused in the atmosphere v 1.
41. 1 species.
42. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
45. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
47. Late Jurassic carnivorous dinosaur.
48. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
54. Sightlessness (especially because of a structural defect in or the absence of an eye).
55. Expel from a community or group.
57. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
58. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
61. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
63. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
64. An elaborate song for solo voice.
66. An account describing incidents or events.
67. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
68. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
73. A metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter.
74. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.