1. A caress with the lips.
5. Chinese ephedra yielding ephedrine.
12. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
15. Using speech rather than writing.
16. Capable of resuming original shape after stretching or compression.
17. A resource.
18. (sports) The act of swinging or striking at a ball with a club or racket or bat or cue or hand.
20. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
22. Mongolian wild ass.
24. That is to say.
25. An informal term for a father.
26. In bed.
29. United States writer of thrillers (born in 1925).
32. Spoiled and covered with eggs and larvae of flies.
35. Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of Dadaism in Zurich.
36. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
38. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
39. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
40. Preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home).
45. Express or utter with a hiss.
47. A person who lacks good judgment.
49. That part of the ovary of a flowering plant where the ovules form.
51. (physics) The capacity of a physical system to do work.
52. The capital and largest city of Fiji (on Viti Levu island).
53. A pass between mountain peaks.
54. A doctor's degree in religion.
55. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
58. A colorless odorless gas used as a fuel.
61. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
62. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
63. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
68. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
72. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. British composer (1857-1934).
75. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
76. Of an industry or technology.
78. An elaborate song for solo voice.
79. Serving as an essential component.
80. A flattened stem resembling and functioning as a leaf.
81. A coil of rope or wool or yarn.
1. Greenish-yellow pear.
2. Goddess of fate.
3. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
4. A favorite saying of a sect or political group.
5. A person who participates in a meeting.
6. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
7. A Loloish language.
8. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
9. (anatomy) Of or relating to a cavity or chamber in the body (especially one of the upper chambers of the heart).
10. In a nice way.
11. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
12. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
13. Warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings.
14. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
19. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. Love unquestioningly and uncritically.
23. (of eggs) No longer edible.
27. (computer science) A unit for measuring computing power.
28. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
30. A short trip that is taken in the performance of a necessary task or mission.
31. Large African forest tree yielding a strong hard yellow to golden brown lumber.
33. United States photographer(1886-1958).
34. Speak in a nasal voice.
37. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
41. An expression forming a grammatical constituent of a sentence but not containing a finite verb.
42. Common Indian weaverbird.
43. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
44. The central area of a church.
46. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
48. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
50. Any of various units of weight used in SE Asia (especially a Chinese measure equal to 500 grams).
56. A fancy dock for small yachts and cabin cruisers.
57. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
59. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
60. After the expected or usual time.
64. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
65. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
66. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
67. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
69. A city in northern India.
70. Most important element.
71. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
73. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
77. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.