1. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
4. Marked by great carelessness.
12. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
15. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
16. Plant bearing large mild thick-walled usually bell-shaped fruits.
17. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
18. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
20. A set of clothing (with accessories).
21. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
22. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
24. Having two faces or fronts.
26. Contemptibly small in amount.
29. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
30. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
32. Being ten more than one hundred thirty.
37. The organ of smell and entrance to the respiratory tract.
39. A doctor's degree in optometry.
40. A native or inhabitant of ancient Etruria.
42. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
43. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
44. Any of several trees of the genus Cinchona.
45. A thrusting blow with a knife.
47. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
49. Estrangement from god.
50. One of the often brightly colored and branching hornlike structures on the back of the nudibranch (and other related mollusks) that serve as gills.
54. Informal terms.
57. A state in midwestern United States.
59. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
60. (Norse mythology) God of thunder and rain and farming.
62. The face or front of a building.
69. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
70. An architectural support or base (as for a column or statue).
73. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
74. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
75. Consisting of or covered with oil.
77. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
78. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
79. A historical region of Croatia on the Adriatic Sea.
80. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
1. Indian physicist who with Albert Einstein proposed statistical laws based on the indistinguishability of particles.
2. Chief port of Yemen.
3. A domain in which something is dominant.
4. Type genus of the Spalacidae.
5. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
6. Before noon.
7. Resembling swine.
8. A notable achievement.
9. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
10. Tenaciously unwilling or marked by tenacious unwillingness to yield.
11. A member of the Shoshonean people of northeastern Arizona.
12. A republic in the western central Pacific Ocean in association with the United States.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. The highest level or degree attainable.
19. A daughter of your brother or sister.
23. Being nine more than forty.
25. The soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate.
27. Wet feed (especially for pigs) consisting of mostly kitchen waste mixed with water or skimmed or sour milk.
28. Tree of low-lying coastal areas of southeastern United States having glossy leaves and racemes of fragrant white flowers.
31. An adrenal-cortex hormone (trade names Hydrocortone or Cortef) that is active in carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
33. A beckoning gesture.
34. (quantifier used with mass nouns) Great in quantity or degree or extent.
35. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
36. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
38. Make off with belongings of others.
41. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
46. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
48. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
51. A several-seeded dehiscent fruit as e.g. of a leguminous plant.
52. Weapon consisting of a fighting ax.
53. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
55. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
56. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
58. Ruffed grouse.
61. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
63. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. A fractional monetary unit of several countries.
65. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
66. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
67. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
68. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
71. Not in good physical or mental health.
72. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
76. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.